At Navy 2018

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football At Navy 2018

This topic contains 44 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    LU808
    LU808
    Participant

I think he’s earned the name GOPARD

Anonymous

Im going to leave this strand alone because when people are as clueless to team sports as stated…no reason to go on!!! by the way Rich… the Easter Bunny is real!!! what a joke…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

GO
    The cynic among us. GO you really are clueless. The “I get mines” meme in sports has some individual validity. There are enough examples of egocentric athletes. They are a miniscule percentage of team sport athletes. They are a cancer for teams and rarely last for long on any team. At our level that me first attitude is uncommon.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

“Cancer” is the perfect word, RichH. Those kids shouldn’t get beyond high school on a team sport if college coaches are doing their jobs right.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

[quote quote=33424]Here’s the job opening:

https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/defensive-assistant-football-coach-lehigh-university-JV_IC1151922_KO0,34_KE35,52.htm?jl=2622998660

Looks like Botts’ job.[/quote]

“This job has expired, but there are others like it below.”

So Vic Fangio said yes?

van
    van
    Participant

ah Chuck, why did you have to do that?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

“expired” ???
    Does this mean asst hired or that ad term ended?

van
    van
    Participant

was very impressed by the “… others like it below”

TMH
    Participant

Is there a coaching change coming on the other side of the ball?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Would not be surprised at all if 1 or more assts, particularly the low pays, looking to move on.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I could not find the ad on the Lehigh jobs page, but reports indicated Fangio likely would return to Chicago.

It is curious why the job was posted for such a short time, though I still found it on Linked In.

Maybe Coach K would come back. Looks like he spent last year at Mercyhurst.

http://www.hurstathletics.com/news/2017/4/19/kotulski-brings-wealth-of-experience-to-football-staff.aspx

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=33468]still think he is a Pard troll[/quote]

Tru dat! Some of the most asinine comments I have ever read on this board.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=33502]I could not find the ad on the Lehigh jobs page, but reports indicated Fangio likely would return to Chicago.

It is curious why the job was posted for such a short time, though I still found it on Linked In.

Maybe Coach K would come back. Looks like he spent last year at Mercyhurst.

http://www.hurstathletics.com/news/2017/4/19/kotulski-brings-wealth-of-experience-to-football-staff.aspx[/quote]

Amazing career of here and there. As much as I love the game, being a vagabond for 40 years requires a certain kind of personality. He certainly has lived his professional coaching life all on defense for a wealth of experience. The one question today is whether he has changed from his ‘old school’ ways, which might not wear well with many of today’s students.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

” The one question today is whether he has changed from his ‘old school’ ways, which might not wear well with many of today’s students.
    Read more at http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/forums/topic/at-navy-2018/#u8gPRBKKlXRgQydM.99

Great question!

This kind of stuff certainly is a dilemma in coaching, especially football, today. I know coaches who are trying to evolve.

John Whitehead was a great coach in his day. As empathetic as he was under his gruff exterior, I’m not sure he’d be able to offer some of the love many kids today seem to crave.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Rather doubt Coach K is out of touch. He is not that far removed from his years at LU and not retired from coaching. I do wonder why he is at Mercyhurst tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.