At UNH – That SUCKS!!!!!

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football At UNH – That SUCKS!!!!!

This topic contains 36 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

FWIW
    Massey predicts Lehigh 33-28.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

1) Cowell should be much better than it was. Hopefully they replace the old fake turf. It used to be very hard and the stadium old.

UNH is a beautiful setting (especially in October). For any of you thinking of going, do it. Staying in Portsmouth — great downtown scene, with some cool craft beers — would be worth it. Manchester is decent, too, if you like beer.

I’d go in a heartbeat if I could. Love it there.

2) How did UNH get in anyway at 7-4 with some close games and silly losses? I’m sure it will be a great, close game, but hopefully not too cold.

3) UNH, which I think went to the finals in 1975, played AT Lehigh. I was there … we could not stop Bill Burnham’s runs. Joe Sterrett was our QB and Rod Gardner the featured RB. That 1975 team is featured on the walls inside the UNH athletic facility.

Let’s keep winning.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Thought you might like a little piece New York Times did on Lehigh Wing-T, Sterrett, etc., late in the season. They even talk about that UNH team:

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Iwas at 75 game in Taylor. Close game. Flare passes to RBs by UNH killed us. Can still see Mullane chasing a floater out to TE. It was live slow motion.

richb-1
    Participant

As I remember the game, it was back and forth 21-21, they went ahead 28-21, then we fumbled the kickoff or right after.

The earlier LU highlight was Mark Weavers 300 yd touchdown return. He grabbed the ball, saw he was going to be stopped at the 15, reversed the field was going to get stopped at the 10, went back to the other side, was going to get stopped at the 5, reversed again, was just about to be stopped at the goal line, and outran everyone and went 100 yards.

I heard Mark Weaver ended his career the next season with constant headaches, Seems like it was concussions and CTE

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=29521]Is anyone planning on going? I really, really want to but Durham is a damn hike. Especially on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I’m somewhere in the range of 65/35 on biting the bullet and doing it. James Madison is a much easier and pleasant trip should Lehigh win. But, I went to last year’s debacle and they’re loaded again. I’m definitely not going to both games. I’ve never been to UNH….

[/quote]

Yes, I am toying with the idea of driving up early Saturday a.m. Can’t leave on Friday with the Booster Bus. Forecast not looking good right now for Saturday, also. 90% chance of rain. Could change depending on speed systems move through. Tickets should not be a problem on Thanksgiving weekend. If interested in driving up from Lehigh Valley let me know. PM me on AGS.com

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup that was his last game . The pass was the last TD by UNH Z35-21. Mark a very special talent. Guy could do it all.

TMH
    Participant

I would not expect to see #5 in uniform on Saturday. Just my observation.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Notes are up. CC listed but does not seem likely.

marco
    marco
    Participant
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) Thanks marco. Hope those periods of rain are after 4pm.

marco
    marco
    Participant

You know, I really do not fear rain. We can run if we have to. No doubt that our passing game is dynamic and is the equalizer. NHs hope is to limit our offensive possessions.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=29556]I would not expect to see #5 in uniform on Saturday. Just my observation.

[/quote]

Tom–you planning on going up to UNH. I am considering driving up Saturday morning…leaving around 6 a.m.in case of traffic and/or weather. Let me know.

TMH
    Participant

ngineer,
    Although the prospect of a 6 hour ride discussing Lehigh sports with you is appealing, a 17-18 hour day to watch football in the rain with a wind chill in the 30s is not.
    I contacted Lehigh about a viewing party. Although there are about a half dozen alumni clubs sponsoring them, there are none locally.

TMH
    Participant

Can anyone tell me about Dalton Crossan’s running style? He’s about the same size as Brags (last year) but is he a power back or a shifty kind of runner. Rain may have an impact on the latter.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.