Austin Price's Senior Season

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Austin Price's Senior Season

This topic contains 38 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Austin and DCDS are continuing to win. He was their leading scorer in their state quarterfinal win last night and it appears his improved shooting has continued. I couldn’t find a box, but here is a nice quote from his coach:

“We’ve been shooting the ball very well lately,” he said. “Austin Price particularly has really been stroking it nice, and Mory Diane as well. When we share the ball and pop it into the post and kick it out and move it around and get those guys with their feet set and a good look at the basket, they’re pretty good shooters.”

http://www.miprepzone.com/oakland/results.asp?ID=9658

TMH
    Participant

I believe AP scored 12 last night, 1 more than Sumner and Thomas.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Austin’s Detroit Country Day State Championship game is apparently live streaming at below link, game starts in a few minutes!

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/high-school/prep-zone

LUHoops00
    Participant

Just watched AP win a state championship in front of a very nice crowd at the Breslin Center! Very cool scene seeing him and his teammates go into first few rows of student section after game and get swallowed up. AP was pretty impressive, probably only had 12/13 points, but showed quick release on the 3 ball, and really utilized the pump fake when defnese ran out on him and showed some nice drives to the tin. He is very heady, big time bball IQ, had a few steals and blocks and appeared to be in right spot at right time. His body is very very similar to CJ when CJ enrolled. A full 6’3 and extremely lanky, but extremely long arms, and active in passing lanes on D like CJ. I think he is going to be solid for us, will be really intereting to see how he does next year in a fight for minutes.  Announcer said many consider him one of the best on ball defenders in the state, so that was nice praise. Was fun to watch, really happy for him. Cool game.

TMH
    Participant

Austin Price HM, Class B, Michigan
    http://www.miprepzone.com/oakland/results.asp?ID=9694

lehigh90
    Participant

If he is a good on the ball perimeter defender, pencil him in for 15 minutes a game next season, at a minimum.  With the loss of BB, we won’t have any potential 2 who is a good on the ball defender on the perimeter.  AD, SC, CS are all lacking in that area, DC unknown, but back from ACL, unlikely.  If this kids defends, and can shoot the 3, there will be a spot for him day 1.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Just found this video of Austin and DCDS in the state championship game at Michigan State. He is #14 and has a couple of nice drives with tough finishes and hits a corner 3 of an inbounds play. Looks good but a limited highlight:

LUHoops00
    Participant

SBum – per my post on mArch 24 I liked what I saw from AP that game, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him starting shortly in his career.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Senior year highlight video for AP:

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.