B & W game

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football B & W game

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pretty much my thinking also LG. Think Brisker may adapt quicker than Bragalone given the latter’s much lower level of competition. No idea who has the higher upside. Guessing that Dom does,ar least based on measurables.
    Secondary practically always much more visible to us. A raft if brain lock blown coverages. Poor tackling. The list is daunting. All I am saying is that the cascade from the weak Dline is a major cause of these issues. Not the only one.

TMH
    Participant

There is very little to taken away from the scrimmage. Much was played with a 7 on 11 format with no offensive linemen and no pass rushing. If anything, I think the QBs may have taken too long to get rid of the ball but that will come with real experience.

As for RB, I’ve just reviewed the tape of both DB and MB. They have very different running styles. They will both have their opportunities. Much of their success will be based on the effectiveness of the OL. MB may have more success running between the tackles but only time will tell. DB is faster, perhaps a lot faster. I would suspect he has the ability to get outside and turn in big runs. Someone compared his style to Erik Marsh. IMHO, if there is one position where players can transition up the easiest, it’s RB. They both may need to learn how to block though. That could be critical.

van
    van
    Participant

good point on the blocking, doubt that they were hardly ever called on to block in HS, as I recall this was an issue for Barket early on

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good point. Not likely any of the frosh had to block in HS. Certainly not Nick,he was a QB :). On the other hand,as they are fed into O,how oftdn will Folmar put them in on pass plays?

LehighGuy
    Participant

we all know MB is strong enough to stop any LB in his tracks. He has the best chance of unseating Kee at Rb IMO. One of the two frosh will see significant PT at Rb. I also think Redmond and one of the Frosh will see alot of minutes in the secondary. They moved Jones to safety. I see they had Lawson in at CB for Leaks, then Redmond saw alot of action. Waiting to see Siegenthaler healthy at safety, kid is a athlete. We have ALOT of safeties, i think only 2 CB in this frosh class. That makes 4 legit Cbs, 5 if you count Lawson who is projected as a starter at safety.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Depending on how Botts mans this D in different situations,we could see 2 hybrids in run and none in pass situations. From reading up on 3-3-5,latter usually calls for #5 to be a CB. Some teams vary it with a single S.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

The one certainty is that the incoming frosh RB will have a great opportunity to get playing time – how much depends on how things go in August. Kee will start at the No. 1 and it will be up to him to keep that position. The PT will be earned.

One thing I’m wondering is whether someone might switch positions from WR or DB to RB. For example, what about WR Trevor Socarras as a speed back? We have a plethora of great WR athletes and Lord knows Lehigh needs more backs.

By the way LG, I am in no way absolving the secondary from Lehigh’s D problems last year, but I’ve always had pretty high regard for Rigaud. I didn’t think he was picked on, particularly, in coverage – I tend to subscribe to the theory that the front seven didn’t get much pressure on the QB, giving good FCS QBs the ability to pick the secondary as a whole apart. I think with a better pass rush, we’ll see a much better secondary overall, with Leaks and Rigaud on both corners with different defensive style.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Seems we are agreed that Kee will likely start early. A bit lighter than Sodeke but much faster Random factor is injuries. He has a history of being prone to injury. When viewing Bragalone, I envision off tackle runs to get him into the secondary. Speed. Brisker quicker with ridiculous lower body strength. Lot’s of different styles for Folmar to exploit.

LehighGuy
    Participant

You are correct Admin. They picked on leaks alot, probably because he was new to the lineup with Riguald already with exp. Hope the new D shows dividends. It can’t be any aorse….right?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

lol…So we all hope.

van
    van
    Participant

Can’t be any worse, that’s what we were saying about this time last year

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

lol..you hadda bring that up! Well,lets hope we’re right this time.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

One thing I keep forgetting is that we don’t only have two RBs in the incoming freshman class, we have three. Though Nick Thevanayagam was a QB in HS he’s projected as a RB in the incoming class and he’s going to be right in that mix as well. Not sure if that gets rid of the need to convert someone like Socarras to RB, but I like having a minimum of four guys in camp a whole lot better than three.

tigerfb75
    Participant

based on the competiton that both incoming Frosh have played Brisker is definitely the more college ready at this point in time. Powerful back that has that also HAS vision. delivers the blow more than taking it which is very important for RB. DB got away with his abilities at the HS level at a level in which his competition didnt match his abilities. In college the competition will match and at time be better. If a freshman gets this job it will be Brisker and if he gets it, he’s running with it and not looking back, thats just the type of kid he is. DB could end up being a good back but will have a tough adjustment IMO.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Yeah, LG, catching passes from a second-string QB; kind of like the game vs. LC.

The defense gives me the willies, and the season hasn’t started.

I’ll be real surprised if it turns the corner in one year.

I wasn’t at the game, but I was not impressed last year with the depth and consistency in the receiving corps, either — probably spoiled from prior years. It’s one thing to make some good catches; another to a) consistently be open after running correct routes AND b) hold on to the ball. Too many drops last year. I do think there’s good athleticism out there, so there’s potential.

Gotta give credit to Parris, though, who picked up his game last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.