Baseball

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sam Ashey P Katy Tx orig committed to AFA switched to LU

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    He seems to be a transfer from the AFA. He was listed on their roster this year. I’m not sure how much eligibility he has left but appears to be a great get.

http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/sam_ashey_851661.html

Sam Ashey, LHP, Cinco Ranch HS, Katy, TX
    Sam was 6-2 and 1.64 for an average high school team (17-13). That always means a gold star for me when a pitcher does really well for a team that doesn’t help much. He had 63 strikeouts in 59 innings as it says 76 on the Falcons’ website so he can strike out batters but the 3 walks is a misprint as he walked 17 which is still good. The error was Maxpreps and not the Falcons’. No biggee. He gave up 38 hits to go along with the 17 walks which results in a WHIP below 1.00 and that is always good.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yeah,didn’t realize that til I started to read up on him. Dominant lefty. Not a bad get for LU. :)

TMH
    Participant

Apparently, the # of years available is currently in the hands of the NCAA. There was an injury involved which works in our favor. Coaches are really high on him.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

At least 2,I’m guessing.

TMH
    Participant

It will either be 3 or 4, hopefully the latter.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Big thumbs :),meant

As to Vball,she will try to find some info.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ryan Bonshak committed today. Another Bonshak A-S football player on the baseballteam :)

TMH
    Participant

Did Ryan really just announce today? He got early admission back in December. Sister Erin was a field hockey player for Lehigh. Ryan will be playing along side his brother Matt (who gave up football years ago) on the baseball team.
    Interesting side not though. Bonshak’s teammate Tyler Bridgwood will also be attending Lehigh and I believe play baseball (not confirmed).
    Interesting point #2. Ryan was just named scholar athlete in the LV (All Sports)
    http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/2014/05/libertys-emily-cecchini-below-right-and-whitehalls-ryan-bonshak-seen-running-on-leftboth-three-sport-standouts-were-s.html

Latly: to your point. Bonshak was 1st Team AS in football and HM All-League in Baseball. Go figure. Brigwood was 1st Team All-League 3B

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We knew he was coming. Just saw pic on twitter w him making the amnouncement that he was committing for baseball.
    Spent too much time on twitter today,smh. After a while one loses the ability to spell or write in complete sentences. :).

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

From announcement on site,Ashey must have 4 yrs eligibilty. Good call TMH.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    Am I the only one who can’t understand the pitching over-infatuation. The 2014 class has 9 pitchers in their 12 recruits. I believe that there are 5 pitchers (at least) in the 8 or so players we know of in the 2015 class. I believe we can only put 1 guy on the mound at one time.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I was going to add a snarky quip about pitchers but figured I should shut up as I dont know much about college baseball. No,you’re not alone. I dont get it. More competition for sure but really how many does Sean figure on carrying.1/2 a squad of pitchers?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I count 17. Returning next year.Plus at least the 5 we know About=22.

TMH
    Participant

I just marked on my calendar to sit down with Fran and Sean and arrange a trade. Fran has all his position players returning but only 2 pitchers with only 1 recruit coming in this year and she had a bad shoulder issues. All her catchers graduated, so he’ll be relying on an incoming frosh. Meanwhile almost all of Sean’s team were pitchers or catcher in HS. This has all the making of a blockbuster trade :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.