Boston U. : PL Game 10

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Boston U. : PL Game 10

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by jimk72 jimk72 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

Lehigh’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2016-17/21%20-%20Lehigh%20vs.%20Boston%20University%20notes%20013017.pdf

Boston U’s

We await

KenPom Rankings and Prediction
    Boston U. (11-10, 6-3) Ranked 174th
    @
    Lehigh (12-8, 6-3) Ranked 104th
    LU wins by 9 (82-73)

Around the League – the good keep getting better

Bucky (now 9-1) after defeating Army (now 2-8) on Saturday Bucknell shot 58.3 percent from the floor for a season-high 96 points to secure their sixth-consecutive road victory, its longest streak since the 2011-12 season. The Bison come to Stabler on Wed., 2/8.

Navy (now 7-3) after defeating HC (now 5-5) on Saturday
    The Middies pull off their 7th win in a row after opening League Play at 0-3

Loyola (now 5-5) after defeating LC (now 2-8) on Saturday. Cam Gregory recorded career-highs of 21 points and 14 rebounds Saturday afternoon, leading Loyola University Maryland to a wire-to-wire 70-62 Patriot League victory at Lafayette College. The Greyhounsds host Lehigh on Wednesday night.

Colgate (now 5-5) after defeating AU (now 2-8) on Sunday.The Raiders pick up their 4th road win. They hit Stabler on Wed., 2/22.

Lehigh and BU will wrap up Game 10 play on Monday. With a win, we keep pace with Navy (each 7 and 3) and tied for 2nd in the League Standings. With a loss, we slip to 4th, a game ahead of HC, Loyola, and Colgate.

Bad Memories of our day in Beantown

After knocking of Army on the road in PL Game #1, we continued north to Boston and laid an egg in Game #2 losing 75-61 to the Terriers of BU. And, it wasn’t that close! For the game, Lehigh shot 34.9 percent (22-of-63), including just 26.7 percent from three-point range (8-of-30). BU out-performed us in a number ways to include: 2nd Chance Pts. (7 to 16), Pts. in the Paint (18-22), Pts. off Turnovers (9-14) and Bench Pts. (7-27).

Coach Reed summed it up perfectly when he said…….

“I don’t feel like we had the right players making the right attacks against their zone,” said Reed. “We’ve worked against a 2-3 zone and we’ve had success against a 2-3 zone. But in a night when we were on our heels, we were on our heels defensively and we were on our heels offensively. It’s a shame because that’s not the way we play.”
    …..

“The defensive resolve didn’t show up until later in the second half,” said Lehigh head coach Brett Reed. “Our backs were against the wall and we had no choice. I was extremely disappointed with the way in which we started that second half.

……

For the game, Lehigh shot 34.9 percent (22-of-63), including just 26.7 percent from three-point range (8-of-30).

If ever there was a time to redeem ourselves, this is it. It doesn’t get much better than TK in a “payback” game before a spirited crowd. And, oh yeah, in a nationally televised game.

van
    van
    Participant

aside from the poor shooting vs BU, 17 turnovers last time, gotta value the ball

van
    van
    Participant

looks like a re run of the first game so far

toddcudd
    Participant

That flushing sound we hear?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Said it earlier this season. This team knows what they need to do to win but lacks the will to do it. A lot of talent but no one willing to lead. Depth is not our main problem. Lack of will.
    We’ve seen this zone often enuf yet remain absolutely befuddled by it.Over rated may have been an apt description.
    Over rated may

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

How can you not be up to playing on regional/national TV?

LU808
    LU808
    Participant

When did we trade MBB teams with Lafayette?

toddcudd
    Participant

Coaching change. I’m done. Unprepared for press, and zone. Again. Plenty of talent, no excuse.
    Depth issues are on the staff too.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

What was most amazing was the lack of any adjustments after half time when the game was still in doubt. They came out as inept after halftime as they went in.

However, basketball 101 is that you don’t dribble into a trap and then pick up your dribble or you don’t leave you feet and then make awful passes. Reed did not learn anything from the first meeting. But the starting guards were absolutely terrible, more turnovers than points.

It was an embarrassing effort on national television.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

How is it possible the sdcond time around vs BU”s w-3 zone for us to look just as clueless. 20 TOs.
    A really ugly performance by us.
    Doc better find the switch to turn this team on. Right now they are stuck in neutral.

toddcudd
    Participant

The jump-passes have been an issue FOR YEARS now.

travism
    travism
    Participant

I was there, total joke of an effort by everyone except matt and Tim. It disgusts me that this team still has no idea how to beat a press or a zone. I don’t get it. Anyone that truly follows them will agree they have been like this for the last like two years. The amount of mistakes being made by 3/4 year players is just inexcusable. Ross really frustrates me. Once again can’t take care of the ball. He don’t want to drive to the basket like he can do. Also when he penetrates. None of that tonight. Price again nowhere to be seen. I’m so sick of this team always settling for jumpers. Pretty said when best effort was by Tim who was sick as a dog. Bad loss. We are in trouble. What’s even more concerning is this has been an issue and it’s not getting fixed. We are in trouble in Loyola wed. Not good

LU65
    Participant

Forget “neutral,” we’re stuck in reverse.
    To make matters worse,Reed just sounded less than positive about PA in his post game interview. Depth, depth, living on thec edge all year playing 8. It may have finally caught up with us. Two the road and then Bucky at home. Story could be written in the next 9 days. Need to break out a new lucky LU sweatshirt after watching this meltdown tonight.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Panic city = warranted

Bad news is, like all of us, these guys play above their average only 50 percent of the time. Some key guys have extreme highs and lows, and when they’re low …

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

It’s frustrating to me that Reed never takes responsibility in these situations. He always bemoans the poor decision making. And that the players didn’t bring toughness and energy. He never says “I didn’t have my guys prepared against the BU pressure for the second straight game and that’s on me.”

Also, toughness is a skill. If he hasn’t recruited or cultivated it on the roster, that’s on him as much as (or more than) the players. This team has zero identity and hasn’t for years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.