Brandon Alston

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Brandon Alston

This topic contains 59 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

Fordham
    Bellarmine
    Lewis
    Campbell
    Lock Haven
    Rider

What am I missing here?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not sure. A WO to Lock Haven. TJ and MS to good D2 programs.
    SW back home to a D1 program. Alston graduated and looking for PT and probably a higher profile program.
    Poor talent evaluation? Poor talent developement?
    Dont think so. All schollie guys contributed but other than Shane IMO all were unlikely to get starting spots. The search for more PT a possible common thread.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

BA just got an offer from LSU.Yup that LSU.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Sterrett to Alleva handoff?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) Great quip.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Maryland. Ohio st. Georgia tech and Delaware all after Brandon

lehigh90
    Participant

If BA jumps to a school like LSU, Maryland, Ohio St. or Georgia Tech, I think this is a very bad thing for Lehigh. We are selling the “Look at CJ, he went to Lehigh for 4 years and is an NBA star. You can do it too from the PL.”

But, if 6 point per game players are jumping up in level, not sure we can keep anybody. The game is changing.

Has the MH Transfer been confirmed or was that a mistake?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The info was given to the reporter by his Dad. As yet I have not seen any other mention of it altho I havent done any searches.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

As to MH, I have no knowledge if his transfer is official or if he has changed his mind at this point and decided to stay. I have heard that, during the team building discussions about next season, MH and the coaching staff had a distinct disagreement about what his roll would be in the 2017-2018 offense. “Then I’m outta here” was allegedly part of the dialog. This supposedly blind sided the coaching staff.

But still nothing official as far as I’ve seen on Verbal Commits or in a Google search….. Maybe a change of heart?

travism
    travism
    Participant

On the bright side. Lehigh offered local kid Ryan young. We need to land this kid. He has size. Boards. And can overall play the game.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Funny that it took LU so long to offer Young. Their offer today makes at least 23 for him over the past month, including at least 8 from PL schools (all except Army and Holy Cross). Some of the others are St. Joes, Richmond, LaSalle, W&M, Yale, ODU, etc.

travism
    travism
    Participant

I been saying this from day one. Coaches were at one or two of his games that I saw. And also spoke with soemone on staff who said they were interested in him. I was shocked it took so long. I believe is he going to play bigger then then pl conf tho.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I read an article last offseason from a D1 coach talking about the role of social media in college basketball transfers. Both the ease of contact from other coaches, as well as the attention players get detailing their recruitment and offers. Seems very relevant as we watch Brandon’s transfer unfold very publicly posting each offer.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Brandon signed with Georgia Tech. Wish him best luck.

lehigh90
    Participant

I don’t see BA getting a lot of PT on that roster. They weren’t great last year, but won 21 games, and just under .500 in the ACC league play. Of 11 guys who played, 4 are leaving. So, 7 returners, and leading scorers were a freshman and 2 juniors. Almost all of the wings are coming back.

Great school, so I’m sure his graduate degree will be valuable, but I think his impact there is very limited on the floor.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.