Brother combo with McCollums at LU next yr

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Brother combo with McCollums at LU next yr

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Christian McCollum * PG listed as Verbal for us. Guess we can look forward to having the 1st brother combo backcourt that I can recall at LU. Saw on Cross board that McCarthy 6’9" C/F going to Exeter to prep then coming in with next year’s class.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Are we sure that there are two seperate McCollums? As we all know, mid-major recruiting info can be a bit sketchy and I can’t find any websites that list both CJ and Christian (ex. Scout lists Christian but not C.J. and ESPN lists CJ but no Christian). Also, none of the articles on CJ mention a younger brother, only an older one. And lastly, C.J. could be short for Christian…

Does anyone have info that I’m missing? Can we confirm this one way or the other?

Starting to get really excited for the season.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

"StablerBum" wrote: Are we sure that there are two seperate McCollums?

I believe that you are correct – that there is only one McCollum: Christian (C.J.) McCollum. It appears that Scout blew it and put him into the Class of 2010 by mistake. I saw that reference and the August post on this board and assumed they were two different people. However, there are several indications on the web that there is only one.

1. The linked article on his H.S. Class of 2009 graduation last June lists "Christian McCollum" as having graduated – but no mention of C.J. :
    http://www.cantonrep.com/communities/ca … ss-of-2009

2. Numerous articles about McCollum’s team mention several of their top players – but no Christian McCollum. For example, here is the season preview from last year that names their two top junior players – but no mention of Christian McCollum: http://www.cantonrep.com/communities/ca … ss-of-2009

3. No mention of Christian McCollum on any post-season all-league or all-distict teams.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Makes a lot more sense. Especially with the two other verbals we have for next year being small guards (D’Orazio from New Jersey and McKnight from TX). Can’t find a lot of info on either one, but hopefully Reed and Co. know something we don’t.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.