Bucknell

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Bucknell

This topic contains 38 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    van
    van
    Participant

game notes up, if you can believe it, Gatlin and Jorge/Sasha shown as starters, as is Jimmy who was last seen on crutches

lot of frosh on 2 deep like last week

Buffs O statistically better than Hoyas, can we hold them to 35?

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

My dilemma…do I drive two hours to see this….This was circled on my calendar since schedule came out. Now? To commit my entire Saturday diverting from chores around the homestead, to work at the office,…should I make the effort? I feel lousy that I feel this way, but the fact I feel this way says a lot.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Tough to have any enthusiasm left for this year.
    Grain of salt with the 2 deep. Hopefully correct. Baur is at TE.
    We all need something to get the fire going again. Team also.

marco
    marco
    Participant

One thing’s apparent – that being that any remaining team on this schedule, no matter how offensively challenged they might be, has a chance to run for 200+ yards and score five TDs when they meet us.

It is frustrating and embarrassing, (Andy?, Joe S.?)

(Crickets)

I long for the good old days, when the defense gave up 20 points per game…

Lehigh74
    Participant

I’ve been following Lehigh football for over 40 years and our defensive ineptitude is unprecedented. Historically we’ve had a problem defensing the pass but were always stout against the run. I still remember that game against James Madison (the year they won the national championship) when it took them 6 or 7 cracks from inside the 1 yard line to run the ball into the end zone. The last 4 or 5 years, our defense makes third string running backs look like Barry Sanders.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Exactly, Lehigh74!

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Learned today that Jimmy Mitchell has an ACL tear and Paulson recovering well but will likely be out next two games. Casey is “day to day” with his ankle and Portorreal expected to start. Interesting stat: Lehigh D leads the PL in yards allowed on third down with a bit over 3.0….However, we also “lead” the league in giving up plays over 20 yards. That’s the killer. We look good for several plays than look like a bunch of drunken sailors flailing at an RB as he skates by.

We need Casey back to take the double and triple teams off Pelletier and/or some of the WR youngsters to really step up. I hope to see them use Dom more out of the backfield. He’s a beast in the open field. Rarely taken down one on one. Weather looks good at the moment, so I expect the O to roll. D has got to stop giving up the big plays, and we win.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

+1
    If we were able to grade individual plays for the D my bet is most would be at least adequate some good. The 10 or 12 brain spasm plays are why we give up so many big plays.
    Having all 3 WRs healthy gives us a chance. OL needs to shore up its pass blocking which has been shaky the last few games.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Am crushed that Jim Mitchell is lost for the year. What a great stand-up kid. I feared the worst seeing him helped off the field at Fordham, it looked bad.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Lehigh At Bucknell Game Preview: Injuries Force Youth Movement During Possible Championship Run

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/lehigh-at-bucknell-game-preview.html

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good write up. Injuries certainly play a part in explaining the huge # of frosh and sophs on our 2 deep. The larger reason to my mind is the these young men are simply better than the competing upperclassmen. The overall talent level of our last 2 classes is markedly superior to that of the prior recruit groups. Better athletes particularly on D but with zero college experience the lack of which hurts. It will I believe pay dividends next year.
    In hindsight we were vastly more successfull bringing in top multiple level offensive skill players but that same success cannot be said for D.

van
    van
    Participant

the offense however is dominated by upperclassmen, hope for next year there are dominate underclassmen ready to step in

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Jorge and Christiano a real good start. Pelletier and Casey are not easily replaceable. Brags and Mayes back.
    OL Lose 3 but we do have Fornier Evans Motley Liborio . Fris and Rivera coming in are studs.
    DL well bodies coming back but we need help there. LB and 2ndary a lot of frosh and sophs with significant PT.

LU15
    Participant

You very well may see freshmen step up like Troy did as a freshman!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Possible 15. Dambach and Falcone both could get up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.