Bucknell

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Bucknell

This topic contains 73 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Neighbor 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

I WANT WINNERS! You got your wish this week…lmao

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dom named Rookie of the werk again.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

“I want winners”

!!??!!

Who waits something like that?

Hawkineer2
    Participant

I meant – Who writes something like that?

toddcudd
    Participant

I think I got my answer to this question:

So my question is – did we make some major adjustments? Or is this a reflection of PL vs. CAA and Ivies?

It’s been a while, so I spent some time poking around our PL rivals’ boards – and the feelings about OOC seem to be universal. Granted, I haven’t looked for a Fordham site, but everybody else feels disgusted about their OOC results too. Not that it’s really good news, but it feels like the PL is down across the board. The upside is, with the exception of Fordham, I think we can feel pretty good about our PL schedule. All of those should be winnable, I think.
    At least we’re not the ‘pards!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The reaction across the boaeds prttey much as premature and vitriolic as here. Not going to rehash my view of the process of transitting to schollies. Each of us has separate distinct issues impacting our programs. Gate probably the closest to us in their situation with those issues. I am truly thankful that we are not in Pards predicament.They have Tavani,who as one their posters stated,has retired ,just hasn’t told himself or anyone else yet. They have been gutted by injuries particularly on the OL ,which didn’t have many bodies to start out with.

toddcudd
    Participant

Yeah, I saw something about a 215 lb FB converted to DT, and another very undersized guy from the D forced to play on the OL. Ups and downs happen everywhere; hard to keep that in perspective sometimes.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

By their count they have 7 OL heading to Harvard,unless they get some off the IR.

just a fan
    Participant

A person who wants winners says

I want winners!!!!

LMBO. NOT PERSONAL MAN JUST A SAYING!!!

GO LEHIGH…

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Lehigh Accepted the Challenges So That They Could Feel Victory

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/lehigh-accepted-challenges-so-that-they.html

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Let’s not write off the ‘Pards yet. They’ve found a way to upset us before. Sounds like LU really will be the biggest game of the year for them — and they will plan all season for it, especially if it’s Tavani’s last one.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

It will only be Tavani’s last season if he wants it to be. While he has never enjoyed a reputation as being a great ‘game-day’ coach, he has run a quality program over a long period of time with a lot more adversity from the LC administration and faculty. While we lament our injuries, and we have incurred some substantial losses, Leotards have been decimated and I think most in ‘pardville’ whose opinion matters will recognize that.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

[quote=22616]Let’s not write off the ‘Pards yet. They’ve found a way to upset us before. Sounds like LU really will be the biggest game of the year for them — and they will plan all season for it, especially if it’s Tavani’s last one.

[/quote]
    I agree. Last year, we were taken apart by a 3rd string QB. So LC has been able to beat us without their best.

Neighbor
    Participant

[quote=22612]Lehigh Accepted the Challenges So That They Could Feel Victory

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/lehigh-accepted-challenges-so-that-they.html

[/quote]

Well-written analogy, Sir! I’d like to think the coaching staff had a similar epiphany last week. The people who drive the combatants lead their charge ahead.

Looking forward to an intense battle in New York!

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.