Bucknell and the slump continues

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Women’s Basketball Bucknell and the slump continues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Three losses now and team a mess of inconsistency,great runs and D then long stretches of confusion,mistakes. Basically a repeat of last 2 Ls. Is Kinek hurt?She was a nonentity again . She is having a tough year. Seems we cant get her the ball on time and in position. Hope Sue can get this team back together by playoffs.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Agree, the slump is perplexing, especially since the team seemed so strong earlier in the season. I concur that I don’t think Kinek doesn’t seem 100%. We also don’t seem to run very deep, at least at the moment, and that’s hurting us.

TMH
    Participant

This team lacks too very important ingredients. 1.) A play making point guard much like Emily Prosser. Over the last 4 games, the entire team has not produced double digit assists. QM will develop into a fine player but she is out of position at PG. 2.)A consistent outside shooter. Lehigh has no one in the top 15 3 point shooters in the PL. Like the men, this allows other teams to collapse their defense around Kinek and Martins and the results are obvious.
    Hailey Pascoe may help solve the second issue next year but unless KB steps up her overall game, I don’t see a play making PG on the horizon. Just my opinion.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good points. Of the two,KB, has more upside as a consistent PG. Q is a dynamite combo. Watching a little tape of Bucknell before I delete it. The crush of bodies and flailing arms on most evry possession . Once we hit a few outside shots,D loosened up and we made runs. Outside went cold,BU crunched inside. No consistent bombers .BD a pure shooter in HS yet she rarely sees the floor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.