Bucknell Game – 2/24/10

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Bucknell Game – 2/24/10

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mtnhwkfan 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

GAME NOTES

LU says……….

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/spor … 022410.pdf

BU says……….

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/buc … high_2.pdf

Sagarin says…….

LU – 7

LU (214 ranked)
    BU (253 ranked)

Pomeroy says……

LU is given a 74% chance of winning
    Final Score
    LU 75
    BU 68

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Should be a great game. Lets hope BU does not hit 3s at same rate as Pards ;)

LU65
    Participant

I really don’t fear BU’s three point shot. It’s not their game, hitting on just 34 of 120 attempts (.270) since last we met (including that faithful day out in Lewisburg when we loss in OT). Instead, I worry about their front court players (see stats below) and the fact that in five of their last seven games, including the earlier BU/LC contest, they outscored their opponent in the paint. You have to be impressed with their size, scoring ability, rebounding numbers, and minutes played each game. A revolving door of interchangeable parts and talent. Lot to be concerned with, if you ask me.

Position / Size & Name / PPG / RPG / MPG

F / 6’10" Muscala / 9.9 / 4.7 / 23.9
    F/ 6’3" Tyree / 5.7 / 5.0 / 26.6
    F / 6’6" Willman / 5.8 / 3.8 / 18.1
    F / 6’8" Behan / 9.6 / 4.8 / 22.4
    F-G / 6’4" Boon / 7.4 / 3.0 / 18.5

Mtnhwkfan
    Participant

I agree LU65. A quick scan of the Bucknell Colgate game shows Behan getting 8 buckets in the paint, and the team totaling 40 points in the paint. That is where the battle must be won.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

A fair point, but if C.J and Marquis can get hot from 3-point land that should go a long way towards neutralizing their inside game. If this becomes a high-paced game of runs, Lehigh will win. If it becomes a plodding low-post possession game, that favors Bucknell. I see it as Zahir needs to battle the starting Bison forwards to a standstill while getting the outside scorers heated up.

Mtnhwkfan
    Participant

Let’s add Dave Buchberger to that list, although he plays fewer minutes, he has been the most efficient.

carney2
    Participant

Any TV or computer hookup for this? I can’t find it listed on channelsurfing.net.

Mtnhwkfan
    Participant

The game is broadcast on CBS College Sport’s Patriot League All Access. You may also be able to pick up the game on TV and Sports Stream – but there is a membership fee.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.