@ Bucknell, January 23rd – Travel Plans

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball @ Bucknell, January 23rd – Travel Plans

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  LU65 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Lehigh will soon receive its ticket allotment for the Wednesday, January 23rd game at Bucknell. I hope to grab a seat and was wondering if anyone else wants to join me that day for what would be an “out and back” journey to Lewisburg from northern New Jersey. My plans are to leave around 2pm and return after the game. Let me know if interested. Not sure when the unclaimed tickets from the allotment must be returned to Bucknell. Suggest, therefore, we act quickly.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I’m in.

TMH
    Participant

I’m in too. Are you planning on taking I-80 across? Could we meet somewhere near Rte 33?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Indeed I am. Happy to pick you up on the way. Looking forward to the ride and the game.

TMH
    Participant

I’m planning to go to the Bryant game at the end of the month (part of a triple header BTW). If either of you  will also be making that game, please let me know and we can finalize plans. I am very much looking forward to this game.

LU65
    Participant

Rich & TMH

I’ll be leaving northern New Jersey and driving west along Rt. 80. Is there a public spot (Crossroads Mall, etc.) where we could meet near the intersection of I80 and Rt. 33? The idea would be to drop the unnecssary cars and ride as one. One drives and we share the expense.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I’m coming from the City, so if its easier I can pick you up on the way. Up to TMH to pick a meeting place. I dont know that area well.

A side note, it was 137’s opinion thst BJ not a counter. I am not sure but Doc may have to count him and may not have KM’s available to him. This would answer schollie quandry. If Kempton grows like his Dad he will be up to 250 before we know it.

LU65
    Participant

Rich, I can meet you along I80 twenty miles or so into New Jersey. We’ll settle on a spot soon and then, from the sound of it, pick up TMH out around the I80/33 crossing in PA. Will that work for everyone?

Rich, for planning purposes, I made this trip last year and it’s approximately 3 hours 15 minutes from the GW Bridge.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sounds good to me. Easy ride to you. Used to live in the Caldwells. Time to BU sounds about right. Just need TMH and we should decide if we want to eat before the game.

TMH
    Participant

Everything sounds great to me. I’ll scout out a location near I-80 and Rte 33 and get back to you but I’m in. I’ll assume LU65 is ordering the tickets so we all sit together and I’ll re-imburse. If you are thinking of attending the Bryant game, I can pay you then.

LU65
    Participant

Will work with LU Ticket Office to secure the tickets.

Will scout-out a place in the Caldwell area off Rt.80 for pickup and advise location.

Would like to arrive early for dinner and team shoot-around. Sound good?

TMH
    Participant

There is a rest area on I-80 at the 295 mile marker. That should work perfectly. I’m retired, so you name the time.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. Fine by me.

For anyone else interested, I have room for 5 comfortably, more than happy to to give you a ride.

lehigh90
    Participant

I am heading out for sure, but coming from the South via I-76.  Anybody interested let me know.

norcalfan
    Participant

Man I wish I could go. Have a great time! I am off to some Mitty games the next week or so, boys and girls.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.