@ Bucknell, January 23rd – Travel Plans

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball @ Bucknell, January 23rd – Travel Plans

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  LU65 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

RichH – Might I suggest we meet at the Marriott Courtyard (973-770-2000) just off Exit 30 on Intestate 80. It’s accessible whether heading west or east and avoids all the traffic along the stretch of highway running through the Caldwells and Fairfield. Heading west, you’d take Exit 30 (Rt. 615) and head north for approximately 1/4 mile and turn left onto Seasons Drive. The hotel is right there at the intersection of Howard and Seasons. I’ll wait for you in the lobby.

TMH – Not that familiar with the rest stop you chose, but when viewing it on Mapquest, I couldn’t tell for sure if it was accessible from both the east and from the west. Can you confirm?

I will source the tickets. No problem.

TMH, I do plan on attending the Bryant game and look forward to meeting you. I’ll be in Section 4 / Row EE / Seat 1.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Perfect place to meet. Know it well. TMH rest stop looks OK. If a problem, he should bring a flare gun . They’re easy to spot for miles.

LU65
    Participant

Tickets have been purchased!

TMH, I’ll look for you at the Bryant game. Seat location noted above.

TMH
    Participant

I’ll stop over either pre-game or halftime. I’m planning to scout out that rest stop if I can to see if it works. Bucknell looks really tough.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thx 65. That is my Christmas present to myself. Clearly, I’ve been a very good boy this year.
    Dont suppose anyone but me thinks Greekers a good dinner. So lets get some input.

LU65
    Participant

RichH – As mentioned above, I have purchased the tickets. Actually, four of them. I’m proposing that the extra go to LU2007, a good friend and recent graduate. So, if you still have room in the car, you’ll be picking us (LU2007 and me) up at the Marriott off I80 Exit 30 and later getting TMH at this PA pickup location. Sound OK?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No problem at all. The more the merrier. Well, up to 7 anyway. Looking forward to the day. Leave it up to you, our tour director (lol) to decide on pickup times .

LU2007
    Participant

Great guys – looking forward to this. I actually spoke to another friend and occasional poster on this board, LU06, and he too now has a ticket and will be making the trip to Lewisberg. RichH, if you don’t mind, he’d love to jump in with us. We are coming from Hoboken, NJ but the plan would be to meet up with LU65 beforehand and then meet you at the spot on I-80. Does this work?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great. Can pass thru Hoboken , if better. Just let me know. Either way fine with me.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Would love to see this game, but work will interfere.  However, I’m very familiar with the I-80/Rt 33 area, being from Easton. There is a strip mall right in Bartonsville that is right near the interchange, but can be tricky if not familiar. THe rest stop is a good 20 min-30 min west of the Rt 33 interchange..I think past the PA NE TPK interchange. Good luck and bring home a win!

TMH
    Participant

Thanks for the info ngineer. I plan to scout the area out right after the holidays. I’m sure I can find someplace that is both safe and just off I-80.

LU65
    Participant

To: Rich H, TMH, LU2007, LU06
    I’ll be out of the country for a few days. Expect to return just 2 days before our planned trip to Bucknell. Just thought I’d confirm our plans. Tell me if you all agree with………..

> Rich H picks up LU2007, LU06 and me at the Marriott Courtyard just off Exit 30 / Interstate 80 in New Jersey at 1:30pm.

> We head west and pickup TMH along Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania at ____________(TMH we need your location – hopefully easy/off on to I-80).

> We all arrive in Lewisburg at 4pm in time for some food and pre-game warm-ups. Tip is scheduled for 6pm.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Perfect. Rarin to go.

LU65
    Participant

LU90 – in an earlier post you said that you intended to go to the game and head out I-76. Still on? If so, let’s all meet up for some food ahead of the time. Right now, it’s Rich H, TMH, LU2007, LU06 and myself. Let us know if that’s possible and where you might suggest we meet. As the above post indicates, we should arrive around 4 o’clock.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.