By the Numbers

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football By the Numbers

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

As a testament to the play of both Ed Mish and our entire offense:
    Mish broke the Lehigh record for extra points in a season with 59 breaking Taafe’s (1999) record over 12 games.
    Lehigh’s offense only needs 19 points to break the team record for points in a season (463), also 1999.
    Lehigh needs 343 yards to break the record of yards in a season of 5,749 yards (2011)
    Gatlin Casey needs 2 TD catches to break the Lehigh record of 15 (Benn 1983 and Cecchini 1993)

TMH
    Participant

at New Hampshire….grrr

richb-1
    Participant

59 for 59 Extra Points is pretty impressive, and it looks like his streak extends back a to a dozen or more tries last year.

I remember, decades ago (when the Harrisburg Patriot newspaper realized there were college programs in the state beside PSU), that a Susquehanna U kicker went into the last game of the season never having missed a try (about 80 I think). They scored as time ran out in that game tying the score. An extra point wins the game, and I think the conference, and he misses it. OUCH

NJLehighFan
    Participant

Impressive but we have had some real good weather conditions on gamedays this season. Really helps the passing and kicking stats.
    Only the torrential rain at Holy Cross was the weather really a factor and Ed had a great day there. Lets hope weather cooperates next Saturday at UNH and all these offensive records are achieved. I hope Ed gets the nod as an all league PK this year. He certainly deserves.

van
    van
    Participant

Mish has been nothing short of terrific all year, can’t remember a kicker that I have felt so much confidence in

TMH
    Participant

It would be a huge upset if Mish didn’t get get 1st team kicker and punter in the PL. His punting avg of 43.05 leads the PL and is 3rd all-time at Lehigh.

Here is another interesting fact:

Lehigh is 3rd in the PL in points allowed/game this year at 23.5. Colgate is at 23.4 and Georgetown is 23.3. Discount even a small portion of the garbage time points allowed this year and we have the best defensive tam in the PL (at least in terms of point) who knew?

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Good numbers, folks! Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.