C.J. McCollum '15-'16 season

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball C.J. McCollum '15-'16 season

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

I was just looking through the SI NBA Preview issue. As expected, Portland is predicted to be the worst team in the West. I thought the preview would be Lilliard and McCollum in a young, up and coming backcourt. But, they project Gerald Henderson as the starter at the SG spot, with CJ listed as a bench SG. I guess he backs up the one and the two spots, as the 3rd guard? If that is the case, I will be extremely disappointed. I thought after last year’s playoffs, this would be CJ’s year to shine. I was thinking 20 ppg on a bad Portland team. The rival scout thoughts only say this about CJ:

“If C.J. McCollum plays like he did in the playoffs, he can take a bigger share of the minutes”. OK, Capt. Obvious, got it.

I always saw Gerald Henderson as a guy who didn’t shoot it particularly well from 2 or 3, wasn’t a very good passer of the ball, and turned it over a fair amount. Not sure on his defensive ability. Never was very good on a bad Charlotte team, and he put up some points, but shot the ball a lot. If C.J. is behind him, it will be a shame.

lehigh90
    Participant

Did a little more research on the situation. Apparently, Henderson had offseason hip surgery and won’t be ready to go Game 1, so CJ will be starter. That according to CBS Sports, and a Portland Fan Site also lists CJ as the starter. I know SI probably writes this stuff pretty early, but not great reporting. Hopefully, CJ shines from the jump, and when Henderson is back, he will be coming off the bench.

Hoping CJ can put up 20 ppg, 4 apg, 4 rpg and 1 steal pg.

TMH
    Participant

CJ is having a very good pre-season. He has been anointed to back up Lilliard this year too. It’s pretty much a given that he will start the season due to Henderson’s injury but I would be highly surprised if he doesn’t get 25-30 mpg in what ever role they give him.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.