Caleb Sedore

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Caleb Sedore

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by jimk72 jimk72 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

As many of you noted on another thread. Lehigh’s 3rd and final (?) signing was another big man as everybody hoped for. Here are his stats for his junior year.

http://highschoolsports.syracuse.com/player/caleb-sedore/stats/boysbasketball/

Note: the stats for some games were limited to points so the averages on the top are significantly understated for everything else. He averaged 18 +/game. He had double digit rebounds in nearly all the games with stats. He had a triple double early in the season with 10 blocks and 20 rebounds in another game. The quality of competition may be suspect or interest would be way higher.
    I like the fact that he understands the fundamentals of rebounding and blocks out. Put some muscle on this young man and we may have the solid role player I was asking for.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Nice work tmh. One thing I learned is that he is a very very youg senior, in fact as I type he is still 16, not turning 17 until November. Could he have been a pgrad candidate, probably. Maybe we have a diamond in rough who when he fills out will be impact pl guy. Care less about offers with a big who has been described as athletic and who is still so young.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Good info on the age Hoops. Another thing I find interesting is in the few write ups I’ve seen (posted in other thread) is Sedore is described both as a “true post” and “face up big.” It will be interesting to see which is more true. Hopefully he puts together a pretty dominant sr year and maybe gets some better competition in playoffs. Would love to see some video if it ever surfaces.

TMH
    Participant

I know I’m a bit redundant on this point but I still wish we had a “big man” coach on this team. I’d love to see someone who can take him under his wing…as well as many others and “man up” on him on a daily basis.
    Perhaps Tim Kempton will fill that role.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Quote: “Nice work tmh. One thing I learned is that he is a very very youg senior, in fact as I type he is still 16, not turning 17 until November. Could he have been a pgrad candidate, probably. Maybe we have a diamond in rough who when he fills out will be impact pl guy.”

– – – – –

Yes that is a significant factor if he doesn’t turn 17 until November. There are very few seniors that young.

Curious where you found his birthday.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Checked in with a contact in Ny 137, to clarify, I didn’t confirm it myself but a trusted friend mentioned it.

TMH
    Participant

Sedore signs letter of intent to play Division I basketball at Lehigh University

Two things of note
    1.)He just turned 18 and 2.)He is now listed as 6-10

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A project but athletic bigs a rarity at our level a.d we have 4 for next year.
    Off topic but found it interesting that Leufroy left handed.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Point of interest, Doc clearly says he turns 17 this month in the Letter Of Intent press release at LehighSports.com, and the article in the local paper linked by TMH clearly states he turns 18…? Not that its a big deal but….. if he really is only turning 17 he could still have some growth left. My guess is the paper is right because most school districts have established hard dates for first grade eligibility, usually must be at least 6 by Sept.1.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.