Camp Day 1

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Camp Day 1

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Finally here!
    And the changes roll on. Coen noted Matt Laub has been moved forward to DE and Pierce Ripanti from the outside to ILB. Latter not surprising as Andy said after Spring he wanted Ripanti on the field,a difference maker. Guess Matt moved up to boost athleticism up front.

Miller
    Participant

Hope he’s bigger than 230lbs. or we may be in the same situation as last season. Which safety will lead the team in tackles this season?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Unlikely. Ripanti smaller than Caslow. Harvey and Kondas are the bigger ILBs. Wouldn’t it be nice to have another Groome. Back then LB crew avged 230,now under 210.Fast athletic LBs are great but Without a dominant DL they are vulnerable to inside run. Must hope Botts can make a silk purse for us.

van
    van
    Participant

Think Miller was commenting on Laub, release says he “bulked up” to move to DE, not sure what definition of “bulked up” is, maybe at 231?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Picture day for LUFB. Most impressive to me is shot of Frosh DL. Johnson at 6’4 250 in between Gille and Cavenas. They dwarf him. Great googly moogly :)

van
    van
    Participant

Interesting quote from Coach Coen – “From what I’ve seen from the defense I don’t think we’ll always have to go and score a lot of points to win games.”

Hope he is right on that one.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont think I’ve ever seen him so effusive over frosh. Does sound like Nick is grabbing the spot.Looking forward to Monday. One thing I got from video and pictures is the size of these guys. Guys hit the weights this summer.

LehighGuy
    Participant

He’s getting a better quality athlete than he’s use to. Schollys make a BIG difference. Lehigh can really compete for quality players now, and beat out Ivy’s for kids. I love this freshman classnas well. I think last yr was intro yr of recruiting with schollys. Now Coen n staff known they fan throw their name in mix on kids they usually wouldn’t try to recruit! SCHOLARSHIP’S!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good point. Last yr learning. Seems so. He’s making more earlier offers apparently.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Looking at pictures and video,it just hit me that Owens off roster. Guess I missed it he quit. 2 starters gone from last yr. Thank God for our depth. Son of a gun.

van
    van
    Participant

Owens was real solid last year and a loss no doubt, but we have good depth at Guard.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ford and Rugg s/b fine. One caveat tho Rugg hasn’t been able to stay on the field. Kareem could move uo into 2 deep even quicker.Ah,enuf speculation. Monday should answer some questions.

toddcudd
    Participant

Sorry and surprised to hear about Terez. From twitter, always had the sense that he was kinda right in the middle of everything, and seemed like a good guy.

chipwho
    Participant

Sun practice, Whitehall product Shafnitsky appeared to be #1, Qb, few injuries, mostl minor knee/leg except for #24, D.J. Kee, RB, shoulder, may be serious. OFF: looks big especially WR positions. #2,RB, transfer on the sideline more than on the field, ankle/ DEF: Work in progress but size is a plus, scrimmage Mon at 830am. 3 weeks & counting

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks chip.Hope neither RB too bad.Not much depth. Flad to see Nick taking job. Needs reps. Can you see any rotation forming on DL?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.