Captains

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Captains

This topic contains 66 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Reading some conference previews. LU picked 2nd to last . Phil Steele picks us last. A little dose of cold water for Monday. :)

toddcudd
    Participant

I see that the CCSU game will be streamed on the “NEC Front Row” service. Does anybody recall of that one is free, or does it require a subscription? There is no obvious “register” link there at the moment…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Free. Dont recall registering.

just a fan
    Participant

I totally agree this is the perfect time to slip the frosh in and get there feet wet, with Navy lerking in 2018, lets these guys ready,,, I see Montgomery as the nickel back for sure, he doesn’t get balls thrown his way because I see and hear he is simply a blanket in coverage, Rigauld is still getting beat deep (smh), lets just hope coaches play the kids that’s producing and not by classification regardless of position, that’s what build winners, I watched Ohio State practice on BTN last night Urban made it clear if you produce you eat steak and eat shrimp if not you don’t play and eat hot dogs and hamburgers

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I wonder with 3-3-5,if we even have a nickel back. Does Botts put in a DB in R spot or do we take out a LB and insert a DB?Any ideas?

TMH
    Participant

I believe in a 3-3-5, the nickel back is permanent. My guess however is that the substitutions will be situational. On passing downs the nickel may be someone different than on 3rd and short.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Probably. My thought 6. DBs in a 3 rd and 14,,we may have actual blanket coverage. Have no clue whether Botts has practiced gugs in that set. If not,well it would ne a chinese fire drill :)

LehighGuy
    Participant

I think theyve been using mostly Dbs, #1,#2,#20,#7,#26 have ALL been in at the same time. Factor in you have #4 at LB who use to be a safety. Havent heard much about Montgomery, do know he goes in with the 2’s. Ive seen balls get caught his way so i wouldnt actually say a blanket. To be honest i wouldnt be against trying Montgomery or Redmond quickly if Leaks and Rigauld play like last yr. I like Urban Meyer stance, its about winning and producing. If youre not producing you shouldnt feel entitled to a spot. Botts need to crack the whip for the players not producing, the Dbs are the weakest link as far as other teams are concerned. they will get tested early.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Recall Montgomery biting on fake and getting toasted. Issue with DBs is individual and unit experience. We saw last year,lack of unit cohesion ,as well as no pass rush,led to numerous long plays.Many of the times Leaks and Rigaud got beat ,it was lack of Ss being out of postion. We played 2 on top mostly.Ss were our leading tacklers much too often. Forcex to cheat up as our front 7 got gouged by run game.
    Not a big fan of rotating a lot bodies into 2ndary,if we can avoid it. Guys need to work together as a unit ,knowing their job and where their teammates are.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Biggest Q in secondary remaining seems to be Wilmington’s role. Last year he was a no-doubt-about-it starter and safety but then he got hurt so Lawson/QJ had to step in. If he’s 100%, does he step back in? I think so. If so, someone goes back to dime package, QJ or Lawson.

Defense in general needs to move as one unit, all eleven players on the field. I saw a lot of positive things in that area in practice.

holyloch61
    Participant

Not a big fan of 3-3-5 . To help the DB’s teams need a good pass rush ,without pressure on the QB,any half descent QB looks like Tom Brady .Does Lehigh have the guy’s for a good pass rush ???? Do we have enough speed in the skill positions ???? DL,LB,DB’s if not 5 wins would be a good season .

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A lot of ifs on D .Spedd,size,athleticism not among those. Cohesion,tackling,pressure are our ifs.
    Botts has dialed up pressure quite well. Much different than last yr. Good camp for both lines. We have a veteran line who was testd by revamped D. More sacks,hurties and TOs than we had all last year.
    Cohesion ? Think it needs game experience.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Wilmington is #13 correct?? I so hes been healthy and been working out with the 2’s at safety. I dont think hes better than #2 or #20 IMO. I think we have great speed at the Lbs and Dbs position. Working together could be the key. I see #90 having a solid yr for us. I recall our corners getting beat, because they got beat…LOL. I see them getting beat in practice as well, Leaks will make the occasional INT, Rigauld….SMH, hate to beat up the kid, it is what it is. Kinda suprised he got voted captain, that means hes never coming out…lol

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by  LehighGuy.

Buddy
    Participant

I was at the scrimmage on Saturday and saw #44 taking most of the reps at RB, who is that?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Kenny Crawford a FB. In Spring got reps at RB also. Little need for that now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.