Class of '17 #1

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Class of '17 #1

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Per his tweet, Caleb Bennett has committed to LU after a great visit this weekend:

https://twitter.com/cb_beballin/status/772617949886619648

6’4″ Shooting guard out of St. Joseph, MO.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Loojs good. Just caught his tweet.

toddcudd
    Participant

Followed closely by #2, Marques Wilson! Both of the guys I was hoping were on campus this weekend!

https://twitter.com/_M_W_II/status/772673592186114048

6’4″ SG, with 3* on ESPN.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A great Sunday. Good timing after that Sat.
    Nice offer sheet UMKC IOWA ST BUCKNELL BROWN EVANSVILLE W ILL

toddcudd
    Participant

Yep, I think we needed some positive news. SG was our area of greatest need too, imo.

TMH
    Participant

Here are the stats for Bennett. Interesting that he will be leaving Lafayette (HS) to come to Lehigh.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/caleb-bennett/AxFZk0MPEeOZXQAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Where does Tejada fit? We have 2 pgs returning.

TMH
    Participant

TMH
    Participant

Tejada will be part of the mix at the 1/2 spot. What we have is a lot of quality depth at the wings. Competition makes everyone better. Just my opinion.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Next year ?
    PG. KR JC
    SG. KL. LT
    SF. MH. BA
    F. Andree. Lieb
    C. CS JW
    Wilson and Bennett swing between SF and SG?
    Still need a big ?

TMH
    Participant

I’m not sure how accurate the listed heights are but Holba is now listed at 6-7 and Andree is 6-8. The wild cards are Sedore at 6-11 and Lieb at 6-10. The 4 will be expected to cover the 4/5 positions next year. We’ll see how they mature. Holba and Andree can also play some 3 but we will have a plethora of 6-4/6-5 guards to fight for minutes at either wing.
    Either Leufroy or Tejada is capable of putting in minutes at the PG if Ross or Cohen get hurt.
    There is a lot of high quality unknowns on the team this year along with a lot of high quality knowns. It will be interesting to see how Doc uses them.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Watching bunch of video. Holba only one that seems really comfortable inside. Lieb and Andree both are bug bodies hope they can learn. CS a 6’11 3 pt shooter. Guess he’ll be fun to watch. Doc does have a lot of options.

toddcudd
    Participant

Point worth considering: we have been playing a 3-guard set – much to my chagrin – pretty regularly for a while now. And a true 5 seems to be a dying breed (sadly). With that in mind, another possible look for next year:

PG. KR, JC
    SG. KL, LT
    SG2. BA, Frosh tbd
    F. Holba, Andree
    C/F2. CS, Lieb

From the pix that LU sports has been sharing, I’m impressed with the size of Lieb. He appears to dwarf Andree, who I thought was pretty big. And looks very, very solid.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Caleb’s commitment a big deal here. No surprise. Apparently a big deal in Kansa City also. Local Fox station interviewing him on their 5 PM news.
    Perahaps somebidy( cough cough) could track down the interview :)

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    You really need to do something about that cough :-)

I’m really looking forward to this basketball season in that the nucleus returns plus we are adding Holba, Alston, Sedore, Andree, Cohen and Lieb, 5 of whom are really unknown commodities.

Side note….the 2017-2018 team will have 5 *** recruits. That must be a first. Ross, Holba, Andree, Tejada, Wilson.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.