Class up

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Class up

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Missing Howard & Maddaluna
    New
    Zach Bucklin TE Wa
    Pat Donahue OL NY
    Jimmy Mitchell DE Ill.

Will research. Howard ? Maddaluna to Gate.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

Rich,

Who was Howard?  I like our OL recruits, and I think Crawford is going to be a player.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Jarrod Howard Ath from Ore. Of the 3 new recruits Mitchell seems the most promising. Lots of video on hudl. A tough, quick inside DT. May be a yr away.
    Bucklin solid but TE not a priority. Likewise Donahue love his sizr but a good way away from 2 deep. Love Crawford at FB. Ripanti will be a.real force at LB. Clear we dont need anymore RBs for a couple of yrs.lol Should make some happy methinks. Overall a very good class. Altho not comparable ,on paper, to Gate.

van
    van
    Participant

Still could be room for one or two more to join this class.  Except for RB, where we have depth, most everything is covered.  Would have liked to see another big DL.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hoped for more happy with who we got. More? 1/2 schollie maybe. We’ll see.

TMH
    Participant

Some time ago, someone posted a Brown & White article that stated the coaches rate the recruits 1,2,3,4,5 with 1 being a projected Player of the Year in the PL and 2 being a projected all-league player. I fully understand that any projection is a crap shoot and that there are a lot of players who both over-achieve and under-achieve. I also know that reportedly, the coaches had 50 athletes in lat year’s class that graded as a 1 or 2.
    I’d like to do our own list of projected 1s and 2s starting with the fall sports. Perhaps we may be able to compare the # with the coaches and then look back 4 years from now and see how we did.
    I see Morgan Lowe-Volleyball as a potential 1
    Danny Gonzalez-Soccer
    I predict 10 football players
    Caslow, Crawford,Duffy,Harvey, Leaks, Pandy, Short, Smith, Stubbs and possibly Tennant.
    Just one man’s opinion.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great idea. Fun way to start killing time til Spring. I’ll be home in an hour and speculate. Thanks.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

TMH
    Driving home thought this would be easy. Wrong. Did football . Go thru othet sports while L getting dinner. Be back.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

OK, here goes.
    Lax Nathan MacKenzie LSM
    MBball
    Shane Whitfield
    WBball
    Kayla Burton
    Lexi Martin
    Football

Shafniskey
    Ripanti
    Duffy
    Mitchell
    Harvey
    Kauffman
    Smith
    Barrett
    Crawford

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

According to the talk tonight at the football banquet, the kicker coming from FL has the best leg ever recruited here. Whether he’ll be able to make the transition will remain to be seen, but tremendous potential. The QB competition will be wide open and the Brown & White game on April 20 will begin the auditions.

van
    van
    Participant

Based on the video I saw, that is no exaggeration about Pandy, 50 yard FGs in HS is pretty impressive.  Kickoffs were deep with decent hang time.  We can all remember a few games in recent history where kicking game cost us the win.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Not only that, but having a weapon like that also effects strategy.  Had we had a reliable, long range kicker two years ago, we could have gone for 3 FGs in first half of the NDSU playoff game. Make those and it effects not only the strategy/field position of the game, but the emotional aspect as well.  Must keep in mind that what’s going on between the kicker’s ears is just as important as the strength of his leg.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.