Coach Wilcher

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Coach Wilcher

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

He tweeted Will Rackley that he had been told on 1/2 to find a mew job. Out? Seems so, tho Andy just stated he was looking to hire 2 assts to fill out staff. Appears, Andy keeping him employed until he does find a new position.
    A bit ambiguous to me. Just hope it works out for us and Voach.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

If true, anytime something like this happens you feel bad for the person. However, even as a position coach, let alone the co-coordinator, it is difficult to make the case that he was effective. The secondary has not been the strength of the defense for quite some time. They were horrible in the Fordham and Lafayette games. The biggest concern was the lack of growth as the kids became juniors and seniors. Their inabililty to play the ball in the air was downright maddening. They were too often guilty of giving up big plays when they should never have happen (Fordham right before half, Lafayette on 4th and forever). So far in what has been a difficult off season, Andy seems to be making solid decisions. Let’s hope ultimately that results in a strong and talented coaching staff.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said. Wilcher a phenominal recruiter. Not all 2ndary issues his fault. Dominoes from cluster fuck if DL most of our problem. He functioned OK wih Coach K’s front 7 and his play calling. That said, D needsto be fixed. We’ve lived on outscoring teams ever since K left.

hawktalker
    Participant

Does that mean Coach Roberts is the DC?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont think so. Poster on AGS indicated thzt Andy had removed Coach Roberts from DC. He has been reliable in the past. Rumor that Botts will get job. He was an LU DC before leaving. Andy has only referred to replacing the 2 low pay slots

hawktalker
    Participant

Botts was very good as DC at Lehigh under Higgins. These are moves that, while difficult I’m sure, had to be made.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. Andy a very good man when all is said and done. The turnover ,necessary, had to be extremely difficult for him..
    For us fans, I just hope it works out.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Sad to see this. Coach Wilcher a very good guy and excellent recruiter. But, I also agree that the secondary is not what it should be. As pointed out above, huge break downs in secondary this year. Seemed like receivers were wide open all the time. I hope Andy has this squared away soon. Spring ball starts in 5 weeks. I can see Bott becoming the new DC based upon past. See what we find out Saturday night.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree on Wilcher. Class move by Andy to keep him paid pending a job opening. If you can ask him about Redmond. Kid looks very quick. Oh,yeah would be nice to finish staff recruiting also :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.