Coaching

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Lafayette just rounded out their coaching staff for next year and I noticed that Matt Blue, who is a shot doctor, is returning to the staff. There hasn’t been a shortage of outside shooters at Lafayette in a long time and Blue’s former team, Hartford led their league in made 3-pointers in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2015/07/lafayette_mens_basketball_coac_1.html#incart_river

My question is whether or not some of our coaches should specialize. I’ve been pretty vocal about having a big man coach on staff esp to help develop Sedore. Should we be looking in this direction as vacancies become available or is it all about recruiting?
    For discussion purposes only :-)

toddcudd
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more strongly, TMH. I think current MO is to have coaches specialize in recruiting regions. I understand and appreciate that – but maybe there should be 2 different functions. I understand the budget constraints – but if that’s the issue, we need to fix that. I honestly don’t know how that works at big-time hoops schools, but I’m gonna bet that those are different roles. I want to see us pick up Darryl Dawkins to coach our bigs. I don’t think he’s busy, and he’s local (I think). Shooting coaches are a dime-a-dozen. What’s Hersey Hawkins doing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.