Coaching staff strengths

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Coaching staff strengths

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Neighbor
    Participant

I am convinced little improvement to the football program will come with the current roster of coaches making the decisions. I’m hopeful a total, or near total, new staff is brought in for 2016.

That said, what are the ‘strengths’ of the current staff? What qualities and unique abilities would need to be replaced?

This is a serious question. Would a new set of faces create voids that might be difficult to fill, and what are those?

If you were AD . . . . .

buck
    Participant

Watched Clemson’s coach, Dabo Swinney interviewed after the Notre Dame game Saturday night. He talked about B.Y.O.G., bring your own guts. First and foremost Lehigh needs a young, dynamic coach that can provide some fire and creativity. This coaching staff is BORING, has zero charisma. Recruiting is suffering as a result.

lu90
    Participant

[quote=22341]I am convinced little improvement to the football program will come with the current roster of coaches making the decisions. I’m hopeful a total, or near total, new staff is brought in for 2016.

If you were AD . . . . .

[/quote]

If I were AD, Cecchini would have been hired as Head Coach in 2010. Coen was on thin ice back then too. Go back on this message board to page 65 or so and read some of the old threads. We are having the exact same conversations we had before Cecchini arrived. Only difference is our defense wasn’t putrid back then.

There is no improvement that can be expected from this staff. And I have zero faith that Coen can make the right hires to turn it around in the future. Sadly, I will secretly be hoping we lose the rest of our games and Sterett is forced to make the decision to move forward.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Strengths:

Three quickies …

I’m not sure recruiting is all that bad. This year’s crop definitely seems better.

Ensuring the kids get solid GPAs.

Running a clean program.

Weaknesses … too tired to start

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.