Coaching

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Coaching

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lehigh74
    Participant

Now that we have what appears to be an excellent group of freshman coming into the program, my question is what if any schematic changes will the coaches make to get the program moving in the right direction? I for one, would like to see us abandon the 3 – 4 defense. That scheme has clearly not worked since Coach K left the program. When Botts previously had a successful stint as defensive coordinator we ran a 4 – 3. Why not go back to that proven system? Also in the past we had a lot of success throwing to the tight end and fullback. I’m not sure why, but last year we seemed to abandon that part of our offense.

tigerfb75
    Participant

Like the idea of going back to 4-3, but this recruiting class with all the LB’s gives the idea that the 3-4 will stay. Offensively I think Follmer isn’t an OC that has a set identity of doing any set thing, but instead plays to his strenghths. If he has 4 good receivers, they will be on the field. If he has monsters at tight end and fullback that he can dump the ball off to and open holes, I think we will see alot of that. Not an offense that is a pro style or spread, but instead a multiple attack that plays to it’s strengths

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Well, we had an excellent TE last year and he disappeared in the offense, except for one or two games. Maybe Shaf couldn’t find him, but seems to me we wasted a lot of opportunities last year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.