CoBL Podcast With Reed

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball CoBL Podcast With Reed

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  pafan11 7 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

LUHoops00
    Participant

Yah he totally could be a 2 bpg guy for sure, think he had almost that last summer in euro under 20 tourney. to the point made previously and again by 90 above, this isn’t an 18 year old. He turned 20 in spring I believe so he is probably now perhaps a bit closer to 21 than he is 20, and at 6’7 6’8 with 7’4 wing and legit 230, not a program only 230. He is without a doubt the most fascinating guy on team as we head into the season and his production will be one of key barometers for how season goes. Truly excited about him and what I like are intangibles as he seem like a hard hard worker and someone who if be produces can be a leader of this next generation of LU Hoops. Shucks if MM can’t lead an gets suspense again for fourth straight year in a row JC might be able to lead now, and might have to.

lehigh90
    Participant

I think JC is going to be a 10/5, 12/6 type player this season. I think he could double those averages on certain nights. He projects to be on the floor at least 25 minutes per game, so hopefully he is getting 10 looks from the floor (couple 3’s) plus free throws.

My fear with this team is going to be scoring offense. I could see this team struggling for long stretches to score the ball. We have no “known” paint presence, although JC, SW, JG, and TK could potentially be scorers down there. We look to have a lot of jump shooters, and not a lot of known slashing type players.

It is going to be interesting to see at what tempo this team plays. Earliest Reed teams played in the mid 60’s (64 ppg). During the CJ/Gabe/HG era, they played in the mid 70’s (last 4 seasons, 73/76/74/75). You would think with the athletes on this team, they would continue to play an uptempo style in the mid 70’s.

The only proven double digit guy is MM. If you pencil him in at 15 ppg, we need 55-60 points from the rest of the guys. I don’t see your other two smaller starters (CS and AD) breaking into double figures. So, somebody upfront, actually multiple guys are going to need to really score. Hopefully this team can push the ball (should have 2 PGs on the floor a lot of the time)(also have some big guys who can run, fill lanes and hopefully finish), and score in transition quite a bit. I would love to see JC finishing on the fast break.

pafan11
    Participant

I love the rabid speculation which is what makes this season so interesting. I will not give a guess on JC although I think he will be a dominate force in PL. I will say this someone other than CS, MM, JC, JG, AD, or SC will emerge as a key component of this team. I don’t know who it will be but I promise you at some point it will happen.

lehigh90
    Participant

I’m really looking forward to seeing SW play. I see him locking down that 3 spot, pretty early on, and riding it out for 4 seasons. Just re-reviewed some scouting on him ….

-undersized 4, power 3
    -strong upper body, very good rebounder

another site

-solid athlete
    -great rebounder
    -strong upper body
    -attacks off the dribble
    -plays D, plays hard, plays smart
    -dangerous in open floor
    -capable handle
    -willing and able to guard multiple spots

I think his weakness at this point is knocking down shots from the perimeter, but we appear to have a number of guys who can do that.

I think this guy is going to be good. If he and JC pan out, and TK can play, this team is going to be really good next few years.

toddcudd
    Participant

Right with you, 90. Ideal 3, in my book. Very hopeful that we’ll see 3 of TK, JC, JG, SW and CB on the floor at the same time. Maybe just for stretches, when the match-ups are right.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Yeah reed confirmed what we thought SW is during interview. Very excited about him, like JC he is older for his class having done pg year, if fully recovered and healthy he could definitely be in line for early minutes. His upside excites me as he can be a mismatch for guys in our league.

lehigh90
    Participant

I’m hoping we see a lot of TK, JC and SW on the floor together, and I am hopeful those are our 3 starters by the start of the PL schedule, if not earlier. I see JG backing up the 4 and 5, more so at the 5. I have seen nothing that gives me confidence that CB will have much of a role. But, I’m hopeful he has improved. Hopefully the hands have softened, and he can catch and finish.

For some reason, when I think of SW, I envision a Billy Owens type player. Slightly smaller, but with a lot of skills. Rebounder/passer/point forward/slasher/and can step out and shoot it.

With JC, has their been a body in our league like his since Foyle? Specimen.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Preach on 90 we have been talking about lineup flexibility this year being as strong as ever if a SW is ready to go, cause he at the 3 helps both backcourt wih his ball handling and frontcourt with his rebounding and he athletic enough to be mismatch for opponents. So fired up that its hoops season!

LU65
    Participant

Sight unseen and based solely on reports of high school and AAU play, I would have to say – much like all of you – that SW and JC hold the keys to our success this year. Guard play is a given and in good hands. My concerns are two. One, can SW and JC run the floor (with MM and Reed at the helm, I’m expecting another up-tempo year on offense) and two, can they defend? Minutes will be dictated by each. With 13 games (520) minutes to play with during the OOC portion of our schedule – more than most if not all PL teams (good job Coach Ott and crew) – we ougth to have time to set a strong lineup by the time we take the court up in Hamilton on January 2nd.

toddcudd
    Participant

Agreed, 65. I think we’ve also been making some big assumptions about TK as well. Very exciting possibilities this year, but scary at the same time. A LOT of points to replace, obviously.

pafan11
    Participant

So many possibilities this year. Couple comments about 1st practice photos:
    1. Great to see DC on the floor
    2. Did not see SC is he practicing?
    3. CR is put together physically (w/o)
    4. Video on MM was great

I think this team just might surprise the PL!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

SC still rehabbing knee up to just a few wees ago. Guess its still not 100%

pafan11
    Participant

Thanks, assumed he was nursing something. I think he is the only one I did not see in the photos?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.