CoBL preview articles!!

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball CoBL preview articles!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

3 articles on CoBL this morning on our upcoming season. Good stuff, but nothing surprising. Actually, they almost sound like the author did some of his research here, on this board! Very consistent we things we’ve been thinking and discussing:

Season Primer

Mackey

New Frontcourt

lehigh90
    Participant

Interesting in the Season Primer that they list a starting frontcourt of Baltimore and Goldsborough. I hope that is not correct when the ball goes up in a month. That starting 5 will really struggle to score, I fear.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’m guessing that’s just the author’s assumption, since those are the guys with some experience. Might not be totally unreasonable for game 1, actually. Dr. Reed might very well start the vets, until proven otherwise…

pafan11
    Participant

I think as is the case with most teams that the vets will get the first look. Unless a Freshman comes in and is out of this world, typically returning players are projected as starters. I will not be surprised to see many of the freshmen and JC in the mix game 1 and starters by the time the PL season starts.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

The Lafayette previews also projected a couple of starters who I doubt will be starters by December. Maybe not even by Game 1.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Unless I missed something I didn’t see a single mention of Devon Carter.

toddcudd
    Participant

True, SBum. I’ve also noticed that our transfer, JRG, has not been showing up in any coverage.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

True, SBum. I’ve also noticed that our transfer, JRG, has not been showing up in any coverage.

Not particularly surprised JRG isn’t more prominent since he can’t play in games this year anyway. The Carter exclusion seems more strange. It certainly looks like he has a serious uphill climb to make an impact on the program and I wonder how it factors into the heavy focus on guards in our 2014 class that has been discussed extensively.

toddcudd
    Participant

Found this on a Bucknell bulletin board. Whoever this source is, they’re picking LU to win the PL. I find that very surprising. I’m certainly excited for the season, but I don’t see how you pick us to win the conference this year, with all the new faces and uncertainty around the lineup.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/7024

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.