Cole Renninger

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Cole Renninger

This topic contains 80 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

avgrenn
    Participant

I watched CJ compete for the past few years and I would not dare to compare CR with him yet. What I know is this, you are spot on with your assessment and the future will depend on work ethic and desire to improve everyday. I do not agree with the single sport athlete opinion. If you look up and down must Division 1 rosters in any sport I bet you will find more multiple sport kids than single sport kids.  However, as I have looked deeper into CRs career since joining this board, I have heard reports of  him working out at 5am during football season to improve his skills. He will need to continue bringing this mentality to be successful.

TMH
    Participant

avgrenn,
    I think you may have missed my point about 2 sport athletes. IMHO, there is a faster growth curve with multi-sport athletes now concentrating on a single sport, than one who spent focused on a single sport in HS. Only time will tell.

avgrenn
    Participant

Oh I agree!

LU2012
    Participant

If he really did run a 10.8 in the 100m (not doubting, just impressed), this guy has some explosive speed. To put that into perspective, take a look at the fastest times in the PL this season in the 100m run. http://www.tfrrs.org/lists/1095.html

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

He is a superior athlete , no doubt. Can he adjust to DI Bball and how quickly. Given his clear work ethic, I think he will be a solid contributor in a yr or two. My guess He and Glover will compete for schollies next yr.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Quote:  If he really did run a 10.8 in the 100m (not doubting, just impressed), this guy has some explosive speed. To put that into perspective, take a look at the fastest times in the PL this season in the 100m run. http://www.tfrrs.org/lists/1095.html

A hand-timed 10.8 is a a good time, if accurate, but it is not comparable to any of the PL times, which are electronic.   Standard conversion is to add 0.24 seconds to any hand-timed sprint – but that assumes it is a good official doing the hand timing.     It will be interesting to see Renninger’s times in districts and states – which will have electronic timing.   If he runs under 11.00 (no wind), that will be impressive.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.