Cole Renninger

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Cole Renninger

This topic contains 80 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 10 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

avgrenn
    Participant

I watched CJ compete for the past few years and I would not dare to compare CR with him yet. What I know is this, you are spot on with your assessment and the future will depend on work ethic and desire to improve everyday. I do not agree with the single sport athlete opinion. If you look up and down must Division 1 rosters in any sport I bet you will find more multiple sport kids than single sport kids.  However, as I have looked deeper into CRs career since joining this board, I have heard reports of  him working out at 5am during football season to improve his skills. He will need to continue bringing this mentality to be successful.

TMH
    Participant

avgrenn,
    I think you may have missed my point about 2 sport athletes. IMHO, there is a faster growth curve with multi-sport athletes now concentrating on a single sport, than one who spent focused on a single sport in HS. Only time will tell.

avgrenn
    Participant

Oh I agree!

LU2012
    Participant

If he really did run a 10.8 in the 100m (not doubting, just impressed), this guy has some explosive speed. To put that into perspective, take a look at the fastest times in the PL this season in the 100m run. http://www.tfrrs.org/lists/1095.html

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

He is a superior athlete , no doubt. Can he adjust to DI Bball and how quickly. Given his clear work ethic, I think he will be a solid contributor in a yr or two. My guess He and Glover will compete for schollies next yr.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Quote:  If he really did run a 10.8 in the 100m (not doubting, just impressed), this guy has some explosive speed. To put that into perspective, take a look at the fastest times in the PL this season in the 100m run. http://www.tfrrs.org/lists/1095.html

A hand-timed 10.8 is a a good time, if accurate, but it is not comparable to any of the PL times, which are electronic.   Standard conversion is to add 0.24 seconds to any hand-timed sprint – but that assumes it is a good official doing the hand timing.     It will be interesting to see Renninger’s times in districts and states – which will have electronic timing.   If he runs under 11.00 (no wind), that will be impressive.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.