Colgate – Game 1

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Colgate – Game 1

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    van
    van
    Participant

65 has it right, shooting % is our problem, even with Gate shooting lights out we win this game with a little better shooting % from a couple of guys

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

It took me awhile to digest this one. I’m still not sure if it’s completely passed thru. I’ll testify that there was no lack of effort. The more I’ve thought about it, I think this may have been some of the problem. We went out ahead early on controlled looks and good defense. Then missed a peep or two, ‘Gate got a little hot from outside, and we suddenly began pressing. The harder we tried on the offensive end, the more we rushed shots, forced things down low, and the brickfest ensued. Then we lost focus defensively and they (he!) did not miss.

If you look at the stats it’s hard to imagine loosing a game where we took 62 shots to their 45. Turnovers 7-16 us. Someone earlier mentioned the need for a true leader. Someone to settle everybody down when the opponent is on a run, and not let it get us out of our game. Even when when shooting goes cold or they hit a circus shot.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Good point. I did not see a leader out there. Probably a reflection of our inexperience, but there needs to be someone who can get in another teammate’s face or, calm someone down. Colgate’s shooting was insane, but we did not help by not challenging a good number of those early treys. Despite the poor play, the game was still winnable. I get a sense the PL may be like this from top to bottom. One will never know what to expect from one game to the next.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.