Commit #6 MarQuis Wilson

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Commit #6 MarQuis Wilson

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Defensive Back
    6-3 185# good size

TMH
    Participant
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Tall and athletic. Trying to remember if we have ever had such a tall DB.

buck
    Participant

That kid looks good!

TMH
    Participant

Six commitments now or about 1/3 of our class and potentially they are all on the D-Line or D-Backfield depending on Weir’s size when he arrives. It is our greatest area of need and I do love the size and speed of most of this group but I also think it’s important that the class be well rounded (which I suspect it eventually will be). I would not want to completely reload defensive players in 4 years.
    Less than 2 months until LOI day.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Foley could be an OL. Looking at offers,think Andy will balance class out somewhat. Would not be surprised if majority of full rides go to D recruits. Hoping for a cover corner.

van
    van
    Participant

lock down cover corners seem like the most difficult position to find, in the entire league how many could you name, Smalley from Pards?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by van van.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not many other than him. Rigaud was one of the best in PL,which says all you need tp know. O’Brien at Bucknell is good when he can stay on the field and Ewell on the other side.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by RichH RichH.

TMH
    Participant

Recently saw this tweet

safety Marquis Wilson recently committed to #Lehigh. Rangy 6-3, 175-pounder says he is still looking around though

I hate that

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Saw it. Was going to try to ignore it. Enuf upset this week. Hope he’s not another Ferguson.Nothing to do for us but to wait til NSD.

buck
    Participant

I’d tell him to get lost, backtracking on a commitment is a character flaw. Plenty of other talented players that could take his scholarship.

TMH
    Participant

buck,
    You don’t want to keep Brisker?

On the flip side
    ” Coral Springs Charter RB Kalen Carson, who committed to Austin-Peay, is going to take visits to Lehigh and Navy, according to coach Adam Miller”

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We may not like it but,verbal commits are not binding on either the player or the school. The recruitong continues for everyone until NSD.
    We’ve seen it every yearcin the schollie era. Sometimes to us,sometimes away.

Miller
    Participant

anyone 6-3 gets moved to LB or maybe that F**ng rover that no one seems to be able to play. Remember….best available athlete regardless of position!(except a NG) We always have those late January surprises in the class so do not worry.

Lehigh74
    Participant

I’m hoping we say goodbye to the rover and the 3 man line. Two years of horrendous defense is enough. Einstein once said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  Lehigh74.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.