COMMIT. Addison Shoup QB

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football COMMIT. Addison Shoup QB

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Shoup 4-6. Threw 13 tds and 5 int. This is what we are excited about? Against two good Georgia teams he was 2 for 4 passing for 14 yards and threw for 121 yards against another good Georgia team. He also combined for minus 27 yards rushing in those same games running the read option. Lets get real!!! Not saying he might be good down the road but we do play div 1 football. He looks very thin. It will take him two years to muscle up. Looks like he has a decent arm…Dont mean to be debby-downer but lets get real. Any other lb’s commit or d-line? Thats what we need.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

`GO
    Did you stop to think ehy he only threw 4 passes? How many of those 10 games did he play in? What was team record with him playing or not playing?
    Walton usually one of the better programs. Only other offers I found were for D3 and NAIA. A good number of talented underclassmen.

TMH
    Participant

Lol…Don’t mean to be Debbie Downer….lol

I suspect he didn’t notice that he didn’t play in the game following the 2 for 4. Actually he missed 3 games due to injury.
    BTW…you can look at his junior year stats in that same link
    He was 158 of 238 (66%) for 2,631 yds 24 TDs and 2 INTs. That included a game where he was 2 for 2 for 16 yds before being taken out.

Yes, I’m excited. He likely has at least 2 years to get bigger and stronger and learn the college game but he sure seems to have all the tools.

TMH
    Participant
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Like the choice. Need to keep the pipeline filled. Injuries happen. We assume Mayes for next two years, but stuff happens and good programs have a ‘next man up’ for which there is not much of a fall off. Current frosh also has an excellent arm so this is all good.

Anonymous

SAW THAT FROSH IN PRACTICE. SHOULD BE A NICE BATTLE AT QB. BIG ARM AND DECENT SPEED. THROWS WELL ON THE RUN. MORE OF A PURE PASSER THAN RUNNER AND VERY ACCURATE. DONT’T KNOW WHY STAFF HID HIM LAST YEAR BUT THIS KID COULD POP BIG TIME. NEED THIS COMPETITION ACROSS THE ROSTER. BRAGS NEEDS SOME COMP. COMP IS GOOD FOR ALL POSITIONS. IT MAKES THE ENTIRE TEAM BETTER. ITS BEEN ONE OF MY CRITIQUES OF THIS COACHING STAFF. WOULD LIKE TO SEE A COUPLE OF THESE BIG FRESH O-LINE GET A SHOT. MOTLEY HAS BIG TIME POTENTIAL BUT HIS FEET NEED WORK. NICE SLOT RECEIVER WE HAVE AS A FRESH ALSO. ON DEFENSE, WE NEED LB’S AND D-LINE VERY BADLY. WE’VE RECRUITED A BUNCH OF DB’S. LETS STOP THE RUN. NH TOOK US APART ON OFFENSE AND BY NO-MEANS IS THERE OFFENSE STELLAR…DID SANTA BRING LEHIGH A BIG TIME DEFENSE THIS YEAR??? I HOPE!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.