Commit. Brad Mayes

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Commit. Brad Mayes

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow.
    ***QB other offers UMASS,AKRON,FIU.
    More when I get home.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Highest rated QB ever for LU.Last one rated this high was Mark Borda. Also had interest from FSU,Fla and UCF.
    Strongest arm I’ve seem in a while.Video quite impressive 50 yds on a line. a really nice way to start off this class, Caveat a verbal just that until NSD.
    I note that he and Vrinios,WR prospect, are friends.

TMH
    Participant

Although his Jr year stats didn’t wow me, 1,000 yds, 52%, 8 TDs and 5 Int…this article caught my attention.

2015 Watch List QB Brad Mayes, Berkeley Prep

TMH
    Participant
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks TMH. I really gotta learn how to link. Accuracy an issue but watching video apparent he needs some better receivers. Team last yr a .500 squad.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    I think that there is a lot that goes into a player’s success in college. As you noted, his supporting cast is certainly one of them. Another has to do with the schemes that his coaches choose to use. He has attended a lot of camps and has a lot of programs at least looking at him. Personally, I think he may be a perfect fit for our schemes and am excited about his arrival.
    Here is a list of schools that have shown interest:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brad-Mayes-127252

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Very optimistic. He has talent,a strong arm and athletic. I note he attended Elite 11 in Orlando. Just being invited us impressive.Loved his reasoning for choosing LU. Nick,Craven,Timchenko and Mayes pretty fair depth at QB :).
    Doubt Andy would have offered if he didn’t see Mayes as an upgrade.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by RichH RichH.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Berkely off to 2-0 start. Brad has played both 1st halves only. 6 TD passes already.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by RichH RichH.
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Great news. What a’star’ player does when surrounded by mediocre talent can teach you a lot about the player. My father coached HS football back in the ’60’s and had a great athlete who was the QB, but surrounded by a lot of kids who just didn’t have much skill. The kid was so good, he also played MIDDLE LB, punted, place kicked and kicked off. Only time he wasn’t on the field was during punt returns. Team went 3-8, but he got full ride offers by Penn State, Syracuse, Maryland, etc.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

My hope is that his verbal stays solid. He does have an FBS WR in Mathis . He wants a small school and Dad wants best education.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great tweet tonite by Brad. Had himself photoshopped into a LU uniform #15. Only caption “Lehigh Commit”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.