Commits

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Commits

This topic contains 69 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

QB/LB Cody Kondas headed to Lehigh, via Twitter. I’m about to add him now.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dagnabit. I thought I had you this time with twitterverse. Thought we might get him , late offer by us.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Probably 7-10 more , I suspect. Still no qb but that is not a priority. Class has picked up quite well. Ol some wide bodies but what is most impressive is they all can move. pretty agile for big uglies. No NG yet and to me that is top need. Only 1 wr, he is impressive ,but a few more would be nice. A very athletic group across the Board. Class prettymuch 50-50 O and D.

van
    van
    Participant

My 3 priorities for this class were RB, DB with speed and big OL. Feel we did pretty good there. DL would be #4.

van
    van
    Participant

Was hoping for QB Few from Florida. Saw he chose Cornell.

TMH
    Participant

One thing I learned over my lifetime is that one never really knows how good a recruiting class is until they graduate. I remember yawning about a TE who caught 12 passes in his senior year in HS named Rabih Abdullah. Ian Eason was pretty good in HS but I never anticipated that he would be a 4 year juggernaut. I can;t remember what the rection was to Will Rackley but I’m sure no one anticipated a 3rd round draft choice. Meanwhile there have been many that had big reps in HS but never produced.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

I can;t remember what the rection was to Will Rackley but I’m sure no one anticipated a 3rd round draft choice.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2007/02/lehigh-announces-class-of-2011.html

I oohed and aahed over five different recruits. One never made it to Lehigh, another lasted one year, and the third lasted three. While Jaren Walker and Keith Schauder were good recruits, none of them were a “best lineman in three decades” like Rackley. (Though Schauder, I thought, was pretty damned good.)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

New Greg Palma D/OL 6’3 240 Nutley A-S group3 1st team

Feel the same. recall we got a transfer from UConn great stats super athlete. Never really succeeded.
    Jaren a good example, altho not from talent or effort. He was just snakebit with injuries, Willett another.

Historian
    Participant

I do not think I have seen this anywhere else – WR Derek Knott of Colonial Orlando, FL HS. He is small 5′-10″ and 160, but fast. Runs the 100m and a long jumper.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by  Historian.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Actually had to work today. The nerveof some people!!

Thanks Historian. Will add to our list

TMH
    Participant

One of the recruits that intrigues me is Austin Devine, primarily as a punter. Last year, he averaged about 37/punt but a third of his punts went inside the 20. In games where that was not a factor, he was consistently over 40. He kicked a lot of extra points (44 I believe) but for some reason only 2 FG. I believe the team had 2 good kickers, perhaps the other kicked the FGs. One additional note is that he had a significant amount of KO go for touchbacks so his leg is strong.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster
    van
    van
    Participant

Bourgeois 6’2”, 230 and looks to run well

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

DJ was heavily recruited by FBS schools. Missed his Jr year with injury and transferred to Hackensack and fell under the radar. Potentially awesome kid. Big and very fast. Another very good group of LBs

van
    van
    Participant

Looked at the Knott highlights. Good yards after catch. Reminds me a bit of Drawl, just not as big.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.