Commits

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Commits

This topic contains 69 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Knott has what coaches call wiggle. Fast and elusive.
    Interesting to note other than 3 Fl kids all our players from the Northeast. Recall Andy saying last year that playoff exposure made it easier for us to recruit quality players closer to home rather than across the nation. Take a look at HC’s class Tome built up a lot of Miles.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Anyone notice that Knott turned down a track scholarship at Harvard to play for the Brown & White? I think this kid was a real find for us. Imagine what coach Chick could do for him as a college athlete.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Interesting on Bourgeois, going into Jr yr at Whippany park he was a hot commodity for FBS schools. Injured missed Jr yr and transferred to Hackensack fell off the radar. 4.58 /40 . A phenominal catch for staff.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Amazing geographic difference from prior years. Except for about 4 kids from Florida, everyone else from the northeast. No other southern, far or midwestern places (Ohio is quasi-midwest). While there still might be a few more to add, I wonder what caused this shift this year?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Signed

Rene Molinari O/DL 6’3 250 Albert Einstein Md

All county and All area

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Andy got his WR , another speed burner from Fl

Hayden Jones 5’11 178 Lake Highland Fl very very fast quoted times range from 4.34 to 4.46 in the 40. In video looks even faster. Lots of FBS looks offered by Army , and a bunch of PWO s. ** Rivals and on Scout and ESPN

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just spent some time looking at more video. He has blazing speed. Very good hands. reminds me a bit of Gerran with better hands. HS played him everywhere. PR,KR, WR ,DB,SB . Could not tell if he has any wiggle. Kid just too fast for competition.No need to be elusive. Appears he was on lots of short lists in FBS and FCS but only Army and Bryant listed as offers, indication of a bunch of PWO offers

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Heard last night at the banquet, we’re getting another “jumbo” in Patsy Parlance on AGS. 6’6″ 285 OL from Exeter Academy who changed his mind from going to Maine to coming to Lehigh. Coaches very high on him.

Also, coaches very happy with the K/P recruit as having a very strong leg. Divers certainly a very good punter and accurate from 35, but we lack a long range FG threat for years. Douglas being the last long range kicker that I can recall a good 8 years or more ago.

Spring game will be very interesting on certain ‘tweaks’ expected to the offense based upon personnel changes at QB and strong stable of RBs. Practice will be starting in about a month.

van
    van
    Participant

new recruit Whitcombe? If so, he looks to be very athletic and his highlights at nose guard very impressive. Could be that big guy in the middle that Rich has been coveting. Also long snapper.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup,I am a much happier camper. Parlance I hadheard about could not get any confirmation. Matt Whitcombe . I’ll get info and post. As always fellas thank you very much. o us . Original Maine switched t o us.From video probably an Ol but he is athletic , I may dream about him at NG

• This reply was modified 12 years, 1 month ago by RichH RichH.

TMH
    Participant

Thank you for the info ngineer.
    I am certainly looking forward to seeing what Devine will do in college. He has great leg strength in both his punts and kickoffs but ironically only kicked 2 FGs last season. I suspect he had few opportunities since he kicked 44 PATs.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/U5SEogc7a0-MEue9EiOzbA/football-fall-11/stats-austin-devine.htm

Historian
    Participant

Jones, like Knott is in the Orlando Sentinel Top 60. They said of him “No offers; Fastest player on this list besides Marvin Bracy; Huge upside with versatility; no D-1 offers, yet. District 11, 4A player of the year. AP 4A All-State. Orange County All-Star.”

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

From what I read up on Jones he was looking for FBS and made the rounds of camps. Apparently close at a number of schools but only Army actually offered. According to a South carolina cite he was highly thought of . One that fell thru the cracks. Only other reported offer was Bryant.

LU 77, 85, 88, 15
    Participant

Rich: LU official list 9-Feb was 22. I think there have been 3 more added since the annoument, is that correct?

van
    van
    Participant

See Rich’s list on page 1 of this thread, unofficial list is 27. Great work Rich, and thanks for all your efforts.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.