Congrats to the Ladies!

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Women’s Basketball Congrats to the Ladies!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 15 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

The women just finished out a fantastic regular season. Tremendous run down the stretch. The depth has made a huge ability in keeping everyone fresh. Good luck in the tournament—don’t get caught looking ahead. One at a time!

LU65
    Participant

The Lady Hawks and Coach Troyan (contract extension talks?) deserve our praise. What they have accomplished is truly amazing and with any luck – three more wins – the nation will know about them – not just the 848 family members, friends, and fans (average home attendance) who live and die every Wednesday night and Saturday afternoon. I’m sorry to say many of us have been preoccupied watching the men fall flat on their faces during the latter half the season and may have missed the biggest (along with wrestling) sports story on campus: Ladies Basketball. For those needing a quick refresher, here goes:

Record: 23-6 (12-2)
    National RPI: 76 (342 D-I teams)
    PL Conference Rating: 19 (32 D-I conferences)
    Home Record: 14-0
    Top 100 Win: Sacred Heart (RPI 86)
    OOC Losses:
    Villanova (RPI 39)
    Syracuse (RPI 67)
    St. John’s (RPI 146)
    Akron (RPI 210)
    Season Stats:
    Scoring Margin + 11.0
    FG%: .431
    3FG%: .350
    FG% Defense .361
    3FG% Defense .292
    Rebounding Margin: +3.5
    Steals/game: 9.1
    Blocks/game: 3.2

Upcoming PL Championships to be held at Stabler Arena

Saturday, March 7
    No. 1 Lehigh vs. No. 8 Colgate, Noon
    No. 4 Holy Cross vs. No. 5 Army, 2:30 p.m.
    No. 2 American vs. No. 7 Lafayette, 5:00 p.m.
    No. 3 Bucknell vs. No. 6 Navy, 7:30 p.m.

Semifinals
    Sunday March 8
    Winner No. 1/No. 8 vs. Winner No. 4/5, 1:00 p.m.
    Winner No. 2/7 vs. Winner No. 3/6, 3:30 p.m.

Championship
    Wednesday, March 11
    TBD vs. TBD

As was stated earlier, take it one game at a time beginning with Colgate – a team you put away by 29 and 18 points earlier in the season. It means nothing.

LU65
    Participant

The beat goes on. LU ties the school record today with it’s 24 win of the season and makes it 15 in a row at Stabler as they down Colgate 78-54 in the quarterfinals. Up next: Army at 1 o’clock tomorrow. Win it and the Championship Game on Friday and it’s off to the NCAAs – a fitting reward for the PL Coach of the Year: Sue Troyan. Army handed Lehigh one of its six losses this year and will be gunning to send us home just as their men did a few days ago.

The ladies started out slowly today hitting just 2 of their first 10 shots but connected on 28 of their next 59 (.475 shooting) to pull away from the team from Hamilton. LU played 14 and got scoring form 12 with Prosser , Ross and Rich combining for 45. Eight players gave double digit minute performances. The bench, one of Lehigh’s strengths, pitched in 28 points in a game that was never in doubt.

Wizard
    Participant

Colgate was cerainly not a challange. If it wasn’t for number 4, Wejert?, they would only score 8 points in the first half. They had players that didn’t even look to shoot. I’ll be surprised if they don’t make a coaching change.

Army will be a much tougher game but LUs superior bench should wear them down in the second half.

The other three games were not necessarily well played but were competitive. I don’t know the shooting percentages but there were a lot of bad shots. We have the 5, 6 & 7 seeds all advancing.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

"Wizard" wrote: Army will be a much tougher game but LUs superior bench should wear them down in the second half.

Next up, from Wizard: which stocks will be up in the next six months. I’ll be looking for your PM. :lol: Seriously, that’s exactly how the game unfolded – and now it’s "The Rivalry" on the hardwood at 6 p.m. on "El Ocho". Should be a fun one. :ugeek:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.