Cross

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Notes up. Looks like we are healthy for Saturday.

van
    van
    Participant

never believe the notes when it comes to injuries

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:) I am an optimist. Didnt see anyone on crutches after Bison.
    Gotta contain Pujols on the run. Before injury he lit us up. We had a bad D but it was better than what we have now.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Key is getting a good, but controlled pass rush on Pujals. Need the pressure, but he has to be contained, and that’s where the LB’s /ROV come into play. Necessary for good tackling. Gonna be a cold day as well, but forecast shows little to no wind.Need a complete game. Tons of focus. The path is clear.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Holy Cross at Lehigh Game Preview: Two Rollercoaster Seasons Meet Head-On At Murray Goodman

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/holy-cross-at-lehigh-game-preview-two.html

van
    van
    Participant

forecast calls for not just cold, but windy also

remembering Wagner, Mayes had trouble with windy conditions, nervous

late entry: old age setting in, scratch that forecast, was looking at today and not tomorrow, wind to diminish by tomorrow game time

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by van van.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

He did indeed. Caveat Wagner wind swirled east west etc etc. One thing we know at Goodman Wind a nor’easter. May be a wind tinnel at times but consistently in one direction.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Where’s this game going?

Some key numbers:

Rushing D:
    Holy Cross: 25th best in nation (119 ypg) vs. LU O rush (54th best, 159 ypg, led by Brags, who is in top 10, with 999 yards)

Lehigh: 119th best in nation (250 ypg) vs. Holy Cross O rush (64th, 146 ypg) — for comparison sake, Wagner is 59th.

Passing D:
    Holy Cross and Lehigh each give up 249 per game.

Can HC stop Brags? Depends on how LU passing game fares on weather and vice versa. I have more confidence in LU O than Fordham O.

Can LU stop HC run: Doubtful. Total Fordham D is better than Lehigh D by about 46 ypg. (Lehigh now 120 of 123 in nation in defense ypg.) Question is, how many points will LU give up?

Who will make biggest mistakes?

Whose special teams will make a difference?

Should be great game.

One or two HC backs will get over 100 yards rushing.

Last week I think I predicted Bucknell (and was as far off as I’ve been all season).

This week:

LU: 31. HC 34 on two longish runs.

Hope I’m wrong.

van
    van
    Participant

watched the HC – Fordham game, and Fordham QB was knocked out, that really hurt Rams O, so comparison of our O to Rams results may not be valid

HC takes a lot of penalties, that might be a help for our guys

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Just saw Baur out at TE. Broken foot. Guess Schulz next man up.

Constant Lehigh
    Participant

Hope we can get a decent crowd with it being Parent’s Weekend despite the expected frigid weather. We must be able to stop HC’s long runs up the middle…and maybe once in a while throw the ball on the 1st down. All these teams realize our first play is our run up the middle. Change it up Coach!!!

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Holy Cross at Lehigh Game Breakdown And Fearless Prediction: Which Crusader Team Will Lehigh Get?

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/holy-cross-at-lehigh-game-breakdown-and.html

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hell of a game. D was actually good today and other than garbage TD kept Pujols and Cross under wraps for the whole game. Kudos. Brags dominated the day . Running ive and by Cross D all day. Mayes had some problems with Cross rush but overall had another good day. On to Pard to get the title again.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Glad I was wrong about LU D today (pretty close on O — I guessed we’d score 31 points).

D handled things pretty well — our DL pressure was fantastic; Cavenas was amazing; some good blitz calls. Solid pass coverage (except for a couple of pass interference penalties that could have been called).

But today I saw just how unpredictable HC O is. They’ve got some talent, but too many dropped balls … uninspired play calling. Pujals is best when he can run. If he had our WRs, he’d be much better.

Brags and the run blocking continue to impress! He is a beast. Hope Casey is OK. Our O came through under the pressure of all those third downs. They were very steady today against the top defense in PL.

Mish makes huge positive difference on punts and XPs, FGs. His kickoffs, even the pooches, were so-so. And our onsides kick D is shaky. We easily could have lost both of those.

On to next week! Hopefully weather is decent and our team stays focused play by play for four quarters and not caught up in all the hype of the week.

Laughayette has nothing to lose and should pull out its bag of tricks, so it should be a fun, wide-open game.

NJLehighFan
    Participant

I think we saw against HC what we had hoped our team would play like all year. 14 points ahead to start. D making stops enough for our O to always keep the lead. Dom and Troy doing their thing. Even with all the injuries we sustained this season, this was the Lehigh 17 team I knew was in there.
    The thing I really enjoyed most was the big plays we produced this week. That blocked punt was huge and a play like that sets the tone for the game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.