DEFENSIVE BACKS

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football DEFENSIVE BACKS

This topic contains 30 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  LehighGuy 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Two thoughts on some of the above.

1) SODEKE VS. LEIGH: I’m a big Leigh fan — saw him in preseason scrimmage when Yosha was out and was SOLD. Fact remains Sodeke is averaging 5.7 yards per carry; Leigh 5.0 (better than I thought when I started typing). I think Leigh does have a little “wiggle.” Bottom line, they’re two good players: Why argue about this — many bigger fish to fry?

2) HOLYLOCH61: Only I have the title of sundayamqb. No Monday Morning QBs here.

That said, I appreciate your comments on it taking 11 players at a time to have a successful play. It’s easy — not necessarily fair, for us to take pot shots (but we do).

Example: The other day I was messing around with my youngster, who wants to be a kicker. I can’t tell you how many FGs he missed due to my bad holds — and we did not have snaps. How many kicks has Pandy missed because of holds, snaps? How often is that practiced? (Why is Shaf holding?)

This is a game of inches — and if 11 guys are not in sync, play after play, they all fail.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said qb. Eloquent :).We have 3 very good RBs. Cant remember a timw when we ever had such depth.

Miller
    Participant

Even though this was about Dbs,it really doesn’t matter what thread it is, the same argument is plastered on a post. PLEASE LG, list your starting 22 so we can all see what your problem is PLEASE! Make sure you get #90 in there ok? (wink,wink). Hope you make the trip Saturday,small enough stands that I’m sure you will be noticed.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Miller why do you love to reference me? I’ve said the same thing many posters have said, but you somehow always call me out. But in reality, we have both said the same thing about our horrible DBS! Ive stated PLENTY times before who I thought should be getting PT, and guess what, over the last couple games they have been putting these kids in the game. Why did it take these coaches all yr to see what ive BEEN seeing all yr? Now i’m saying we need to get the other CBs and other safeties some gametime exp. Why wait until next yr. when the slate is clean and the games will actually mean something for them to learn? The season is basically shot, 150 and pride is only thing left. Why are people so sensitive about sodeke because i said he is slow? Is it one poster on here that would say he is fast? LOL. And for the record #90 did play Sat and had some very nice plays on the goal line. At 6’5 270 he is the biggest kid on the DL, didnt take a scientist to know he needed to be in the game.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by  LehighGuy.

Miller
    Participant

Yep.just what I thought. Ask a simple question and get the same BS. For the record, you my Lehigh friend should have been a politician. If you cannot explain or make sense of all your comments, that many times need more info, then shame on you. Your son should be a starter next season……….if you let him be his own man. APPLY for any vacant coaching spots next season, as we all await perfection. Think positive

LehighGuy
    Participant

Just what you thought??? Ive stated plenty times what my problem was week to week! THE DEFENSE!!!!! Ive ALSO stated who I thought should be playing. And those kids have FINALLY started to see the field. Can you read??? Ive giving names and numbers. Shame on you for being such a homer and not wanting the team to get better. Maybe its you that have a son on the team and hes a SENIOR…LOL. Why you keep saying I have a kid on the team I have no idea.

toddcudd
    Participant

Like most (everyone?) here, my biggest concern is #Rivalry150. Been having nightmares about a blowout on the big stage. Don’t know if it’s reassuring, but I spent some time poking around the ‘pards board, and they seem to be just as despondent about their team as we are about ours. Maybe a good matchup after all.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

150 a bit scary. Pards tho dont seem much different than us.Team with last screw up loses situation.1 month to get ready.

LG we know you love to rant. You were asked simply to list your choices for starters. Why not just do that? Could start an interesting topic.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Yes I love to give my opinion, just like everyone else on this blog. The O is fine, I’d just give Leigh more PT and carries. Kelsey is FINALLY in the rotation. the D….DE #10 Dt #90 DE #58 OLB #39 ILB #31 ILB #51 or #47 OLB #27 (think he would fit best) CB #26 S #14 SS #1 or #22 CB #20 or #25. Wouldnt be shocked if these position changes come to be next yr.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not bad for D lineup. Moving Lambert up and putting Siegenthaler at FS could work.

TheCobbler
    Participant

So basically LehighGuy you think #51 and #25 should be playing and #29 and #57 should be off the field cause otherwise, the guys you listed are already the guys playing. And you keep saying the D is too small yet you want to move a DB to OLB and get smaller…

What have you seen from #51 and #25 that tells you they should be playing? I don’t believe either one has set foot on the field this year. Are you basing it on their H.S. film because every guy on the LU roster had an impressive H.S. film.

Miller
    Participant

Wow, thanks LG, was it like pulling teeth? Agree with front 3..but in camp I would have moved #29 to SS,and Have #14 at FS. Moving #40 back to OLB was a good move. My LB’s would be 40,31,38,39. You want to move Lambert to LB, yet would be the lightest by far. The best non starter in the LB core is #47. CBs would be #1 and #26(with better techniques). # 27 would be the back up and in a rotation at BOTH safeties.
    BTW, the O is not fine, as we really need to use a FB and TEs in a pro set. Forget the 4 wide air Lehigh and adapt to your talent.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Like both sets of options on D. Lambert and Lasson seem to be our best tacklers. Would like to keep both on the field. If Cavenas develops ,as we all hope, might not need both.
    O is inconsistent and still scores lots of points. Puzzled by FBs but Dave didn’t use them much either. TEs really confusd me. Coyle is a excellent receiver whom we rarely go to.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I thought TE Dylan Colgate showed a lot of promise in years past. He’s not seen a lot of time.

Also, LU has hard a hard time in short-yardage situations. A simple hand off to a fullback is an option that worked for decades. We have no one to do that?

(For the record, I’m not related to any fullbacks, tight ends or anyone else on the team. *Chuckle*)

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

Sunday,

I too am puzzled as to why Colgate (the TE) has seemingly disappeared. Regarding the FB, I saw him play in HS, and I thought he would contribute at LU. But for whatever reason, we don’t seem to want to use a FB.

Regarding Sodeke, I’m not sure why anyone would have a negative thing to say about him. IMHO, he’s been the best player on offense for us this year. And he’s exceeded my expectations coming into the season.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.