Did anybody get tix?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Did anybody get tix?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

God , I love an optimist. ’65 with a bit of Luck we’ll be facing Notre Dame. ( OK, perhaps buckets and buckets of luck)

LU2007
    Participant

Got you covered 65. I’m sure if Lehigh were to win on Friday they’d give us who are down there information as we’re leaving about securing tickets for Sunday. I’ll pick up an extra one for you, or two, if you bring Mrs. LU65.

lehigh90
    Participant

If they win Friday, I can’t see any of us leaving town. We will be there for the Sunday ND/Xavier winner game. Sure, we can find you a ticket. I’m already planning for the Atlanta games the next week.

LU65
    Participant

As a reminded to all…………….

Victories by No. 15 seeds since the NCAA tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985:

1991 East regional

Richmond 73, Syracuse 69: The Spiders become the first No. 15 to pull off the upset, never trailing in their victory over the Orangemen.

1993 West regional

Santa Clara 64, Arizona 61: Despite being on the receiving end of a 25-0 run by Arizona at one point, the Broncos survive thanks to six late free throws from freshman Steve Nash.

1997 East regional

Coppin State 78, S. Carolina 65: The Eagles, a 30-point underdog, rallied from a seven-point deficit in the second half to stun the Gamecocks, a trendy Final Four pick.

2001 West regional

Hampton 58, Iowa State 57: The Pirates make their first NCAA appearance a memorable one, as Tarvis Williams hits the winning shot in the lane with 6.9 seconds left.

Has Coach Reed said two years ago, “Why not us, why not now.” Maybe he was two year early in his forecast.

GO LU !

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

That 91 Richmond game was awesome. The Spiders led almost the whole way, if I remember right, and got the game-clincher on a behind-the-back pass in front of a sleepy-looking Derrick Coleman (or was it Billy Owens?). I don’t remember the Spiderplayer, but it was a white, bald guy who made the pass.

I’m looking hard for a clip of that on YouTube.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.