Dominick Bragalone RB

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Dominick Bragalone RB

This topic contains 39 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Been thinking about this thread a good bit. It hits close to home for me, and I definitely hear LG’s concerns. I went to an A-size PA high school that had a terrible football program at that time. For some background, shortly before I got there, we still played a pure local football schedule, not constrained by school size. We regularly played a solid local AAAA school, and it was always brutal. There would be an ambulance at the game, before that was required. It was that bad.
    Years later, I lived in Altoona for a while. This morning I reached out to an old friend there who’s very plugged into the local sports scene, to get his perspective. He is also a Pitt alum and fan.
    I got extra lucky. Turns out he knows and has regular contact with the McCloskey family. As a side note, he thinks very highly of Sam – good, smart kid, and he thinks LU is a great match. To the point, though, I wanted his take on BG and A-level football in PA, and good some good stuff. A few key points:
    BG beat Somerset handily this year. They are a AAA team who won their district and went to state quarters.
    This is the biggest one, however; re: Clairton who BG beat in state championship:

At the state title level, though, the A talent level is top notch, though. At that point, you’re not beating up farm schools anymore. Clairton is a football factory that has fed Pitt for years.

I think this stuff is relevant for both McCloskey and Bragalone. Reminder, their teams met in state semis this year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great perspective for McCloskey and Bragalone.
    Now to sign Bragalone :)

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing this kid tote the piggy at Goodman! Then we can “brag alone”….(;-)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

GROAN…lol

LehighGuy
    Participant

Glad kid runs a 4.4. You can’t teach speed. But what good is a 4.4 if youre not running from point a to b. The kid has NO moves. Leigh runs a 4.4. He’s just not better IMO than Leigh. I hope I’m wrong and he turns out to be all PL. Plenty of fast kids that never play D1. We have 2 rb going into spring ball. Corn and staff HAVE to move someone to rb to have depth. Who will it be?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

3 pages on the guy and he’s even signed yet :)
    Options are few LG. Redmond ,perhaps Siegenthaler. Better to recruit another couple. Kee is a Jr,

LehighGuy
    Participant

Kee will be a sr that hasn’t touch the field YET. Lets me know all i need to know about him. Redmond I have hope for. I said move him earlier in yr everybody laughed. I wasn’t to far fetched after all!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No LG,just disagreed. No need then. We had plenty of RBs. Dont now. You really should stop patting yourself on the back.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Pat…..pat….pat! I’m privy to what you guys aren’t. I see the practices…. You don’t. I know who is who. Please believe me. I only want the best for LU football!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

He and McClosjey 1st team A-S class A. Bragalone named POY.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.