D'Orazio

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

While we’d all like to see BJ Bailey back on the court, it’s refreshing to see the way junior Anthony D’Orazio has improved his play this year and responded as a starter. Prior to the Baylor game – his first as a junior – Draz had never walked out to the center circle to begin a collegiate game. While he didn’t score that night (0-3 including 2 misses from long range), he did pull down a couple of rebounds and dish one assist in 20 minutes of court time. In fact, due to his hustle and improved court positioning on defense, Anthony has never failed to grab a rebound this year. While we’ll never see him at the point, AD’s turnovers are down this year and even owns 2.3 assist to turnover mark.

Here’s a look at the career of our #1

Freshman – Sophomore – Junior

Games Played: 33 – 30 – 10
    Minutes per Game: 7.7 – 10.8 – 21.6
    FG%: .400 – .379 – .386
    3FG%: .282 – .298 – .320
    FT%: .333 – .467 – .500
    Points per Game: 2.4 – 2.6 – 4.3
    Rebounds per Game: 1.1 – 1.0 – 2.6
    Assists: 8 – 21 – 16
    Turnovers: 13 – 26 -7
    Steals: 10 (.333/game) – 13 (.393/game) – 10 (1.0/game)

To better understand what make this guy tick, take a listen to his comments and those of Coach Reed following the team’s 81-63 win over Fordham on December 4th. I’m impressed.

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/default.aspx?ArticleId=21964

lehigh90
    Participant

AD is much improved.  I think his confidence has grown with minutes, and the game seems to have slowed down for him this season.  His defense has improved to the point where I think you could now call him an average defender.  Don’t want him guarding quick perimeter players.   The fact that he continues to shoot 40% or less from the field isn’t great.  Would like to see him as a 45% shooter from the floor, but I guess a lot of his attempts are coming from 3.  The SC/AD/CS combo has been good so far this season.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.