Early FYI Prospects 2015

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Early FYI Prospects 2015

This topic contains 150 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No objective clue. Rivals lists are schools kid lists initially. Offers,campus and home visits seem to elevate cool level. Offers,in and of themselves dont seem to have much impact,at least at FCS level. 247 seems similar.
    Take Wiley ,who we offered. Given the list we would seem to be his safety school. Look at Fossati from last yr. He was waiting for IL, so we were held by him as his fall back. Only objective point is signing day. :) Long winded way of saying that temperatures listed are meaningless at least for me.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Keegan Sheedy OL Lancaster Cath. Os from Cross and Pards so far.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Michigan

Zach Phullipp QB 6’3 200 Petersburg-Summerfield an athlete

Marc Miller D/OL 6’2 270 Bro.Rice one of the top programs in Mich

TheCobbler
    Participant

This whole thread is meaningless not just the temperatures. It is inaccurate just like the recruiting sites you are looking at are for the FCS level. FYI, Fossati was never offered a scholarship by LU so that’s a horrible example.

Let’s focus on getting people to go to games and supporting the current players instead of wasting time with this nonsense.

Average attendance:
    2001 – 11,656
    2002 – 10,179 – game in Easton

2012 – 7,206
    2013 – 9,625

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

My time to waste. My advice you should go into cold storage until season starts and we’ll pass the time as we like.
    Did not realize my following recruiting had such a negative impact on attendance. Not sure what you want us to do to boost attendance,other than going to games which we all do already. On a serious note, attendance has been lagging in all of our schools. Lots of societal aspects to decline.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Forgot. Point with Fossati was not that we offered him but the clout of IL recruiting vs PL. As to recruiting info. It is what it is. Recruiting sites list teams kid is interested in ,not always same as who we are recruiting. Twitter and local sites do give info on who we are visiting particularly this time of year.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by RichH RichH.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Agreed that it is your right to expend time as you wish. Also, there is no connection to attendance.

How many of all the prospects listed by this effort actually came to Lehigh? Obviously, if a decent percent (15 % ?) of the names that surface end up on the team, this thread warrants interest. If none or less than 5%, then less of a service is being rendered.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We usually get most of recruits as they verbal. I do not edit early recruiting. Coaches contact hundreds of prospects. 90% of contacts wind up elsewhere. Helps me to track all I know,to catch offers. If you have no use for search,then bide your time til the list of offers starts expanding. Spreadsheet will go up before season starts. You’ll be able to use the color coding to spot offers,verbals and kids that go elsewhere.

toddcudd
    Participant

Well, I for one enjoy poking through the lists. And I recognize that we get very few of the prospects listed. It gives me some entertainment when hoops and football are out of season. And I suspect that it’s also a peek into the challenges of the recruiting process. It’s tough everywhere, I bet. Gotta cast a big net.
    I also find it fun to kinda guess at who we could land – but to each his own. Hell, if there are “prospects” near me, I might try to catch a game.

van
    van
    Participant

don’t let the kid get under your skin Rich, you’re a great fan and we appreciate your efforts

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hehehe, thks van. W accuses me of having a rhino hide :).
    Cobbler free to post his thoughts, no matter how ill thoughout :).

toddcudd
    Participant

Gotta add one more point here. So hoops is definitely my main thing. I’m gonna guess that we have a snowball’s chance in hell of landing Josh Sharma or even Xeyrius Williams, from our list. But it would be a hell of coup, to me, if we did. And that’s an unplanned excuse to celebrate, if it happens.
    I’m getting old. I’ll take thrills where I can get ’em.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Part of the reason I do it todd. The occasional home run,regardless of which sport.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

How many of all the prospects listed by this effort actually came to Lehigh?

Hawkineer, if you want this info it would be very easy to figure out. It would be a useful contribution to the conversation as well, rather than jumping on here to tell other people how to spend their time and add no value.

I’m more of a hoops guy, but I enjoy the recruiting aspect. Another part of it is that it gives you a heads up on opponents once these kids get on campus. Clearly we recruited CJ Davis, a NY point guard pretty hard this year, but he ended up at Columbia. I will find it very interesting to follow his career compared to Kahron Ross, and especially if they match up head to head during their 4 years.

Or a kid like Matt Husek that played in the Lehigh Valley but didn’t appear to receive an offer from Lehigh or Lafayette, yet ended up in the PL at Holy Cross. Did we miss on him, or will he never be a big contributor? The recruiting makes everything more interesting since it is the lifeblood of college teams.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Actually gave last years spreadsheet, so kindly set up by todd and tweaked by 808,a quick scan. Overall,we got commits on about 23% of final list. Just using offers ,we are about 45%. The caveat is that these only reflect the names we knew. It is a fact of life that we dont know all the prospects or even all the offers. Stabler does highlight one of the perks. I love watching how guys we offered but went elsewhere compare to the kids we got. Particularly those who wind up at one of our opponents.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.