Early FYI Prospects 2015

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Early FYI Prospects 2015

This topic contains 150 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 151 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

On an only-somewhat-related note, I’m still curating the “Lehigh Sports” twitter list. I’ve tried to keep up with hoops prospects that I found interesting, but have been pretty lax about other sports. I’ll gladly add others, if you guys wanna shoot them at me. Twitter handles are preferred, but if you shoot names I’ll do my best.
    If you’re dorky enough (like me), you can find and follow at:

Lehigh Sports Twitter list

List includes current LU student-athletes, some notable alumni, relevant news sources, and some rival sources.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ok, I’llsend a bunch over. One thought , we could ax te departed asst coaches,

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Stabler Bum

You are confused and have things garbled.
    I did not tell anyone how to use their time. I said
    the opposite and defended RH’s right to use his time as he sees fit. You mixed up a previous poster’s comments with mine. I added that the value of all the info on possible recruits would be related to how many of the many prospects listed over the many months actually came to Lehigh. This would be a reasonable fact to know.

toddcudd
    Participant

Thanks Rich. I recently dumped a couple of obvious now-Valpo names, but will gladly continue the “clean-up”.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ok
    I’m too lazy. todd just go to my twitter Lehigh list. I have a coupleof dozen new names on their. Cherry pick what you want.

Rich

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Think Stabler actually referring to cobbler.

toddcudd
    Participant

That works perfectly – ty!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Returning from our break for editorial comment :)

Chris Sakamoto LB Clay HS Offer Pards and Liberty also offered

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Stabler Bum

You are confused and have things garbled.

My bad Hawkineer. Indeed I was confused. I combined your and thecobbler post’s in my head. I think the blue monster avatars made me think it was one person. Apologies for coming down hard. Got sensitive to thecobbler’s comments as I think this board and Rich’s recruiting work adds value to being an LU fan.

TMH
    Participant

I for one thank you for your efforts here Rich. If you want to increase attendance in the stands, it helps to keep the conversation going all year round.Look what the NFL has done with the drafting process. There are already mock drafts for 2015.
    I have no idea exactly how many people actually view this forum but I would love to see more people participate in the dialogue…. and not only in football and basketball.

TheCobbler
    Participant

Wow. Seems like I really struck a nerve. I was not trying to attack anyone. Not my intention. Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware the majority of the information on here is NOT accurate.

Unlike most, I actually feel this thread can HURT the recruiting efforts of the LU program. Before losing your collective minds, hear me out.

It has been stated that 45% of last year’s list was offered by LU. (I would argue it’s probably even less than that because any kid can go on their own Rivals site and say they have been offered by a school even if they just got an standard introductory letter or e-mail) So, the majority of this list are kids who are not being actively recruited by LU.

What if I am a H.S. QB that Lehigh is calling and actively recruiting but my name is not on this list? I do some research online and find your list that has 4 QB on it. Now I’m questioning if LU is really interested in me because I found your list online that has 4 other QB’s on it and I’m not one of them. Meanwhile, LU isn’t even really recruiting 3 of the 4 QB’s listed! Just a thought.

16-19 year old kids can find anything on the internet. I’d bet the players Lehigh is recruiting find this board and take what is written on here (good or bad) to be truthful and accurate when the majority of information is inaccurate.

Again, not trying to attack or criticize anyone. If RichH wants to spend his time looking at 18yr old boy’s twitter feeds, God Bless him. It’s his time he can do what he wants with it. If everyone wants to spend their time reading it, that’s fine too. Just take it for what it’s worth.

LUDU
    Participant

Dylan Parsons WR/DB Chestnut Hill Academy. Being recruited by Bryant and other NEC schools

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Cobbler,not telling us anything new. Rivals,scout,espn,247 lists are mostly schools kid is interested in. Whether we are recruiting him different Q. Process is mining thru all the crap for some truth. Early on,now :), other than offers(which I dont include unless from 2 different sources),all must be taken FWIW not as gospel. The advantage for me is I tag all and as they verbal,our list starts to solidify. Until camp,coaches are on the road.we can get some early ideas who they’re looking at.For LU ,the key issue is campus visits. Absent unusual circumstances,if kid wont show interest Andy unlikely to sign.
    Recruiting hot now and heats up again late Nov,Dec.In between,try to see who comes to Home games.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

What if I am a H.S. QB that Lehigh is calling and actively recruiting but my name is not on this list? I do some research online and find your list that has 4 QB on it. Now I’m questioning if LU is really interested in me because I found your list online that has 4 other QB’s on it and I’m not one of them. Meanwhile, LU isn’t even really recruiting 3 of the 4 QB’s listed! Just a thought.

This is a conceivable scenario. But so is a kid being recruited by a few schools, and seeing that there is a hardcore group of Lehigh supporters that care enough about Lehigh football to track the team’s recruiting targets. Maybe the prospect thinks it’s great and sees the fan support as a reason to choose Lehigh over Georgetown. I don’t think scaring kids from LU with a tracking list like this a legit concern.

I would argue it’s probably even less than that because any kid can go on their own Rivals site and say they have been offered by a school even if they just got an standard introductory letter or e-mail

Agree 100% that offer lists are not entirely accurate. That said, a kid cannot update his own Rivals site. It’s not facebook and the kids don’t have access to make edits. Their coach could reach out to a regional editor and make false claims about offers, which I’m sure happens with some frequency. But a kid can’t “go on their own Rivals site and say they have been offered.” Pages like Hudl and RecruitMe are user generated and can be edited by the prospect, but to my knowledge (and for that reason) they do not list offers.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

If ours were the only tracking list, I could seea possible issue. We are not.Every PL has a tracking list in one form or another. UD.Yale.Dartmouth are others that I follow.There are many more.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.