Early going in the PL

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Early going in the PL

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Can we call for a "do over?" The PL is off to one of its worse starts in years – maybe ever (any know?) – going 3 and 11 over its first 14 games. The wins were registered by Bucknell (Bryant-Pomeroy 327), Lafayette (Wagner-Pomeroy 251), and Navy (Longwood-Pomeroy 313). Not good. It doesn’t get easier over the next two nights as BU visits Delaware #201, AU welcomes in Mr. St. Mary’s #138, Army hosts LIU #231, Colgate tangles with Yale #240, HC visits St. Joe’s #100, and LU welcomes Quinnipiac #272. Good luck to all before our RPI falls out of sight – once it develops meaning. Today, as nearly everyone knows, it has little or no meaning. Look at the latest poll. Quick, someone take a picture. Lehigh, with its two losses, sits atop the league with an RPI of "50" based, I’m assuming, on the caliber of it opponents or SOS of 13.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

I’m not particularly concerned since we knew going in that PL teams would be underdogs in most of the games the first week. Providence, Mercer, UConn, St. Joes, Rider, Richmond, Radford, Albany, St. Francis (at home vs a weak AU team), and Sacred Heart (home vs LC) were all favorites. Plus at least two other games were toss-ups.

Thus far I think the league looks like it will be much stronger. If LC gets OK play at PG, then seven of the eight teams should be better than last year. I know Bucknell is much improved if players stay healthy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.