Factoid

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Factoid

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by RichH RichH 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Killing time , while trying to find out what time scrimmage will be held. Currently on roster we have 14 wrs, only 3 of which are under 6′. I can recall many squads where the ratio was the opposite, if we had any 6′ guys at all.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Yes, I’m waiting for Jimmy Jefferson to do something. With his size one would hope he can learn to get some separation. Not sure what the issue is there with him not getting up to the next level. Likewise with Soeprasetyo. Quickness may be an issue (not to be confused with speed).

#1..Need good hands
    #2..Need to get open
    #3..See #1

Size is immaterial if you can do 1 & 2. Now, if you can do 1 & 2, size will ‘take you to next level’.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Jefferson’s issue has been imjuries. Preston , no idea. He was all everything in upstate NY, has not shown much yet other than bulking up. rest of wrs could be clones Zurn, gordon and Drwal all good hands decent speed and tough. Not much wiggle in that group. Kurfis and Burke very similar. It would be nice to find one of them with some quicks and wiggle to get separation and YAC. Cecchini seems to be emphasizing short passes with burden on wrs to get yac. Cintron a burner in HS with ability to separate. We’ll see. Even with Cecchini wrs must bock to get on the field.

engineer91
    Participant

"RichH" wrote: Killing time , while trying to find out what time scrimmage will be held. Currently on roster we have 14 wrs, only 3 of which are under 6′. I can recall many squads where the ratio was the opposite, if we had any 6′ guys at all.

I have this years WR crew at an average of 6’1.5" It has been rising steadily since a recent low in 2003 of 5’11". Back in 1986 it was just under 6’1". I have only assembled the information back to 1985 so far.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Well Soepraseyto opened some eyes Wednesday night. Showed some great hands and quickness. Tremendous improvement since last year. Along with Drwal, Gordon and Zurn, we should be in good shape. The soph TE from Philly seems to have a huge upside, too.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Soepraestyo had a very good scrimmage from reports.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.