Favoroso Update

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Favoroso Update

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

It looks like Chris will be heading to Arizona Western College next year. It is a community college that has football. I suppose he is looking to play himself into a scholarship the following year. I do hope we are still in the mix.

tigerfb75
    Participant

no longer want him. happy with this recruiting class. only want guys that want to be here.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Play himself into a scholarship?????? What about the offers he had???? Or he wants BIGTIME offers??? I agree with Tiger, he doesnt want to be here, so why bother??? Or did he not qualify?????

TMH
    Participant

If I had to guess. I think he had played to come here. He got wooed at the last minute by a bigger program and decommitted. Perhaps he regretted that decision since South Florida wanted to make him a FB which goes entirely against his skill set but by that time all the schollies were accounted for. I believe it was Lehigh Guy who alluded to the fact that 18 year old kids can make stupid mistakes.
    Hopefully, it all works out well for the young man. I wanted the young man because he has a unique skill set that Lehigh could use badly. A really good pass rusher can make the entire defense look better. I’m not sure if we got one in this class. Just my opinion.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Strange that he chose to go to a junior college and lose (at least) a year of eligibility rather than a prep year. If he had a four year destination in mind I think he would have prepped, and this move makes me think he is wide open.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

An unusual choice academically. Clear football now driving the bus for him. Extremely unlikely,he is going that route with us in mind. Agree,if he were he would prep. Regardless,wish him well.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I really liked the kid and thought he wouldve been a steal for LU. The JC route is a tough one, really a last resort for people with academic issues. He will be competing for schollies versus the class of 2015 and most JC players, tough! good luck to him

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I’m with TMH; it’s too bad — especially given his wrestling bonafides.

Sounds like he held out hope for USF, where a teammate was going, but it never panned out. Good news is he was honest with LU, so they didn’t lose a schollie.

He’s another guy with tremendous talent that got no FBS offers and only one from FCS. Another Bragalone? Great ability, but doesn’t fit the stereotype? Lehigh offer only? Crazy.

Gotta wonder what kind of financial package he was offered. Wonder if that was deal-killer.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Would be surprised if it were less than a full ride. He had USF offer. My guess he dawdled and they went to the next guy on their list. Impression I get is after USF visit he anticipated better FBS offers which never came. Looks like he is still chasing one of those by going JC. He’s making a 40yr decision based on playing FBS ball for a couple of years. A shame.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I agree with the sentiment that if he doesn’t want to be at Lehigh, forget him.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.