Final poll

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Final poll

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Final reg season
    #24.
    Not bad all things considered.
    8-3 strangely disappointingin lto me as it was my preseason prediction. 3-3 in PL the cause.
    Given loss of BB ,I have little complaint on O for tne year. Dont get QB scheme in Laf game. Lots of pluses.OL,Lee,Sherm,BB and the rest. Shaf showed flashes,hope for next yr.
    D, a number of individual talent but unit just not close to even adequate. An area that needs ???. I dont have an answer,hope Andy solves if.

Kramer
    Kramer
    Participant

I want more size up front, better play from the secondary, and more takeaways. I’d also like to see us play much more physical.

As for the offense, you already know what I want to see.

Lehigh74
    Participant

Overall Andy Coen has done a good job as coach. However, I have no idea what he was thinking yesterday by starting and playing McHale for the bulk of the game. They say he has a strong arm, but both times I have seen him in a game his passing has been nothing short of horrendous. Although our defense has been a problem all year, the difference in the game was the dramatically different level of the quarterback play. Some one said, the coaches decided to use McHale because that allowed them to use the whole playbook. My question is, how does not being able to hit a wide open receiver open up the playbook? I truly believe that we have good athletes on defense. If that is, in fact true, then the question is why was our defense so bad all year? In my mind, it was the coaching. The defensive scheme should be adapted to the players not the other way around. I don’t believe we had the size and strength up front to effectively run a 3-4.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

On point,IMO,critiques. D has excellent athletes at each level and an abudance at LB. DL is a collection of DEs tall,fast athletic but not a run stopper in the bunch which in and of itself negates benefits of the 3-4. a domino effect from there back to Safties. A fixable problem. The 2-5-4 they used occasionally was not bad but only a patch.

Only issue on O is QB. In PL it is th be all and end all of offense. MM’s experience only a plus if he can utilize it. He does have a very strong arm not evident yesterday as he seemed to be aiming his throws. Nerves ( ie Choke). Shaf is our QB. Why Dave didn’t just trim playbook,as was done for Phil,I dont know.Up to Dave to coach him up for next year.
    Yes, K well aware of your desires on O :).

Done with this year. Now to recruiting full time.

leehighfan
    Participant

I worry more about the O quite frankly. I see a dearth of the big play guys we have had that have been productive for a number of years. Namely Kurfis, Sherman, Farrell and BB. These are all Patriot league talents that will be hard to replace. Where are we getting our 30 points from next year?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not to worry. Parris, Knott,Gaul,et al are f
    ine. Watch for Howard and Soccaro. Shaf is a big play kid. Brown will be the RB. Faster and very tough. We wont lose much there. The transfer could be an impact guy at WR. BB not so easy to replace,Shaf will be very good wont be at BB’s level til he knows O as well. Hope he is a quick study.

van
    van
    Participant

Agree with Rich on WRs, we have studs in the stable there. Expect that Gaul steps in for Kurfis with no problem.

Not so sure on RB, have hope for Brown but you need more than one RB to make it through a season. Unless a stud Frosh shows up I see this as a big ????

As to the D, get a real coordinator and change the scheme. Only the returning LBs impress me.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Who is this transfer WR that people are talking about stepping right in? Gaul and Knott have shown at times, but whether they can do it all the time will need to be shown.
    At RB, what’s the story on Kee? I thought he was a ballyhooed prospect? Depth at secondary and DL a necessity. Andy needs to get his DCs and assistants together for a soul searching analysis of the D. Championships are won by defense, pure and simple. If the opponent scores a little, the odds of winning are great.

toddcudd
    Participant

See the 2015 thread, ngineer. Yosha – maybe RB, maybe WR. Sounds like major talent…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Soul searching indeed :) Watched lots of his videp. Talented and very athletic. Fast enuf with nice wiggle. Lettered for Miami as a WO which is impressive. Slot reeiver notation started just as he got his release from Miami. Seems to have good hands but doubt he has any experience at WR. Very difficult to get much PT in our O given the complex layers of reads required.RB, he clearly has talent. Brown, A-S Pa injured last yr, s/b first up. Kee is a complete mystery. He is fast ,shifty. Best that can be said for Sodeke is that he is solid and runs hard,if not much breakaway potential.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.