Fire Coen

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Fire Coen

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

TMH:

Just my opinion, but to me, a GREAT head coach is one who BUILDS a program for the long haul — one who changes the culture to have winning teams, championship-caliber teams year after year.

I think, you can argue Andy has done that, though time will tell …

To Lembo’s credit, he was part of a team under Higgins and benefited in year 1, going 11-1 (riding on Higgins’ success?), followed by fourth, second, first (tie) and third place finishes in the PL for Lehigh.

Great? I’d say good.

And what’d he leave Andy with? A program to rebuild.

At Elon, Pete went 5-6, 7-4, 8-3, 9-3 and 6-5. What’d he leave Elon with? A program that went onto three straight BAD losing seasons and a search for another new coach.

At Ball State he’s gone 6-6, 9-4, 9-2. Looks good so far. I do not know the answer, but whose recruits have played the past two years? How will things look the next couple of years? Time will tell.

Maybe I get a little down on guys who move from program to program, but … if you’re a really good coach/leader, you should leave a place in better shape than when you came.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.