Fordham

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Fordham

This topic contains 100 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by marco marco 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Author

buck
    Participant

Lehigh defensive backs have been bad for several years, combination of recruiting non-athletes and really poor coaching.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote=22949]Why is #25 not returning kicks anymore? Is he hurt? #12 is slow to me and I would rather see #25 or #80 returning kicks. They have more big play ability imo. I noticed Yale kicked away from #25 all game. And Princeton did too 2nd half. As much as teams score on us we need a gamebreaker back there. I think they kicked to #12 8 times, he isnt a threat.

[/quote]
    You think Harris is slow? That’s just wrong. Agree tho on Raymond. He is anout as fast as Harris but he has RB moves. Kelsey has the speed for sure would be dangerous back there. Given his history of hamstring pulls,I would rather have him where he is,starting at WR.
    BTW, Harris avged 21.5 per return. Kelsey did return o.d for 3 yds,altho I wouldn’t measure his ability by that.
    Harris season avg 23.11
    Redmond 19.14

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by RichH RichH.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by RichH RichH.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I just looked that up Rich. He looks slow to me returning kicks. #12 has 20 returns to #25 7. #25 has the longest return of the yr. Your right he has RB vision. So is he hurt?? Id like to think if you have over 20 returns you bust one for a TD. Hes just not dangerous enough or exciting like the rest. That KR should be used as a weapon as poor as the D is. #80 messed up one play n didnt return. I wish theu had the same leash for the dbs

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

[quote=22926]

Over half of Edmonds’ yardage came on three plays. The defense did a decent job most of Day containing him.

He had over 400 all purpose yards himself. Can you describe how many yards Edmonds would have had if we didn’t do a decent job containing him? 500, 700, 1000?

The defense was totally incapable of tackling him in space.

There are some positive signs like Mayes who looks like he can stretch the field. However, the defense and turnover margin are killing this team. The offense doesn’t value the ball enough and the defense just doesn’t ball hawk enough to cause TOs.

Edmonds was contained MOST of the day. The three explosive runs were the killers. Had the D not lapsed on those three plays and the offense not turned it over so much, we win.

[/quote]
    Those are a lot of ifs or woulda-couldas.

Edmonds had one TD run of 60 yards, one of 9 yards,and one of 75 yards. His other explosive play was a 50 yard pass play. So he averaged 7.3 yards on his other 28 carries. We can agree to disagree that 7.3 yards/carry is not containmemt unless we were facing Jim Brown or Barry Sanders.

Given that a back up RB from Yale shredded this defense for 233 yards, Edmonds performance was not shocking, but still disappointing. I believe everyone who follows this team knows that we have to get much more physical on the D-line and at LB. You can’t get gouged for 233 and 347 yards by a RB and expect to win.

Miller
    Participant

so close yet so far away. If we had continued to run the ball with our best RB #32 and not panicked after the half, maybe be win,maybe not. Brags should have run the ball 30 times.(Camasta injury hurt here) 17 points off TOs hurt us as did some questionable/ bad officiating. What was positive was the effort and desire to come back. We cut it to 10 and just needed one stop.As the game went on Mayes got more comfortable and looked like a guy that can lead this team in the future. Posters bitch about the pass D,but held Sunshine in check. The front 6-7,not the pass D was not good. Buddy, glad you didn’t make the trip, you and the other 2 stooges should move on and stop complaining. Find a hobby with lg and buck and play Russian roulette.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:))))Relevant suggestions. Only problem with front 6 was they wore out about mid 3rd. Lack of depth on DL primary issue.Lynn helps but not quite ready. TC,Stubbs,Johnson,Mitchell are good.Morrow,Gille and Kaufman perhaps next year.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote=22936]For discussion purposes only: :-)
    How much influence does the HC have on the individual units?
    Hank Small was obviously and offensive guy and we had the worst defense in the PL. His defensive coordinator then succeeds him and with Bottiglieri as DC, the defense improves greatly.
    Cecchini and Kotulski each had significant results as coordinators. Coach K moves on to HC at Holy Cross and although they haven’t been a real threat to win the PL, they have thrown 2 shutouts this year. Coach C moves to Valparaiso which continues to struggle but notably they are giving up about 45 ppg if you throw out their thrashing of The College of Faith.
    Andy C has always been on the offensive side of the ball as a coach. Our offense has consistently played well but like the Small years, the defense is struggling.
    Does the HC typically put the most emphasis on the side of the ball that favors his background?

[/quote]

Coach K left for Stanford. Gilmore went to HC at HC.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

#12 was the starting KR in beginning of season and pulled hammie against Penn. FU was his first game back. He showed a lot of promise at CCSU. They started the game with #80 and he fumbled the KO. Not seen again after that. #25 my be gimpy. I thnk they are trying just about everyone back there trying to find someone who can find a crease.

Our WRs are very good….however, they seem to lose focus. We had several drops that were killers. Especially the one that would have been a TD, and forced us to try the FG which doinked off the upright. They all add up.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hank had a neat system. He put the best athletes on O,simple :-)
    We rotate in 7-8 WRs. Knott and Howard are the only upperclassmen. Losing focus is kinda what frosh and sophs do at times.Casey tried to run before catching. Rarely works out well. Kids are all talented and fast ( well not LG fast).Losing Camasta tough.Cohen is solid but Camasta is a road grader. Smith out. Wonder if he’ll ever stay healthy enuf to make the field. With James also out team down 3 320 lb guys ,two of whom started.
    I realize ours Negs prefer to stay here but think its past time to move onto Hoyas.

LehighGuy
    Participant

You guys should look at these highlights and look at our defensive players…..sad…..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwJ0TUo8q4k

marco
    marco
    Participant

I watched it. It’s still sickening. If the argument is scheme, it’s on the coaches. If the argument is depth, it’s on the coaches. If it’s a lack of talent – – right, on the coaches.

42 friggen points and you lose by two TDs and a FG.

Changes needed.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by marco marco.
Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.