Fordham

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Fordham

This topic contains 62 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by marco marco 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Horrendous performance so far.
    Flat out lousy football – offense play calling and execution amazingly ineffective. Forced passes and inability to see the field especially/problematic. The LU offense is making the Fordham defense look great.

LUPhillyPhan
    Participant

And they didn’t even need Edmonds to beat us. What are these defensive coaches doing??
    Prayers for Paulsen. Hope the kid is ok

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Please, please lose another game to anyone not named Lafayette. Colgate deserves to go to the playoffs. This team does not. If CU and LU end up tie, the league should change the tiebreaker rules as a favor to LU.

God awful defense and an offense that turned the ball over four times twice going in for scores. Third and friggin’ 14 and the defense still can’t stop the third string RB, who now has 300 yards rushing. Edmonds might have gone for 600. How many 40+ yard plays has this defense given up this year?

I would like to hear from all of those who thought that this defense was making strides.

God I hope Andy decides that he has had enough. Cuz’ I have. This is the most underachieving team in my 40 years of following LU football.

richb-1
    Participant

I guess I don’t know the rule, but why wasn’t Glen Cunningham ejected from the game for the head to head? He was 1/3 of the Rams defense (or 1/5 if you consider how ineffective the passing attack to the WRs was.)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Offensevl did not have a grwat game. Without that we cannot win. Brags kept us in this one.
    D was decent in 1st half then a total cluster fuck in the 2nd half.
    This has been going on for too many years now. Good Lord Andy get us at least an average D .

van
    van
    Participant

well the D was no better, but the game was lost by the O today, Staten Island Mayes today, and when does Pelletier drop a pass? sure missed Gatlin and Jorge

not sure what the coaches see in #29, got beat all day

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Post game interview. Andy likes how the team is competing and the young kids are getting better. Everything this team is playing for is in front of them.

Who gives a $hit about a PL title with a 5-6 record and the worst defense in FCS? They don’t deserve a league title or a trip to the playoffs. If they do somehow win the next three games, somebody will be getting a first round bye.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Andy serving up same pablum. This D has not improved. Dont know what he sees.
    Mayes not good today. Or not as good as we expect him to be. TP dropping a pass?? Novel
    Brags kept us in the game but without a good Brad we dont win. D stops nobody.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well we won the stat battle acroos the board. Key we had 4 TOs Rams had none.
    Gave up damn near 300 yds to Fordham’s 2nd string RB.
    O made so many mistakes today and not just Brad. Brisson best get these guys back on track. Only way we can win is by outscoring the other guy. D stops nobody.

objective observer
    Participant

I SICK AND TIRED OF KNOCKING THE DEFENSE- WE UNDERSTAND THEIR NOT GOOD!

YOU CAN NOT HAVE FOUR TURNOVERS AND EXPECT TO WIN
    ONE IN THE ENDZONE TO KILL A DRIVE 7 POINTS
    FUMBLE IN THEIR REDZONE AND AN INTERCEPTION IN THE REDZONE

LEHIGH IS NOT A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM- THEY READ THE HEADLINES FROM LAST YEAR AND EXPECTED TO WALK ONTO THE FIELD AND WIN- IT DOESN’T WORK LIKE THAT!

CLEAN HOUSE

van
    van
    Participant

not defending the D, but actually, the D had 6 stops today, whereas the mighty Fordham D had something like 10 stops today

van
    van
    Participant

and on a positive note, Brags was a monster today

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

O left lots of points on the field today. We wont win we they do that.inasmuch as our D stops nobody. Cant really count 6 stops as much of a plus when we gave up 45 pts and 297 yds to their 2nd string RB. Not much to hang our hats on for D was “better”.

buck
    Participant

Powder puff team the result of Camp Cupcake that Andy has run all year. Tackle football but not really.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

You guys blaming the game on four TOs have lost a little perspective.

Lehigh scored 35 points today and netted more yards than Fordham, enough to win on any regular team.

Sure, it wasn’t a perfect day for the O, but many good Lehigh teams of the past 45 years found ways to win with INTs from great QBs or some fumbles.

They had solid Ds.

Lehigh has the worst defense in the nation.

IT’S THAT BAD AND THAT BIG OF A DEAL. They’ve got to be capable of playing better in coming games.

That doesn;t mean it can’t compete effectively at the FCS level (even if it gets six stops a game). I’d like to see it play DII offenses (some evidence of how they’d do later).

I’m not knocking the players. This has gone on for years under certain coaches who may be great guys and role models for the kids — but they’ve been getting consistent F’s weekly as a defensive team in game situations.

Maybe winning does not matter that much at Lehigh, which may be why the coaches are still around. That’s OK, if the university has other goals.

How bad is the D?

Fordham sophomore RB D’Angelo Palladino had 294 career rushing yards coming into the game today, including 113 vs. Division II Elizabeth City last year.

He ran for 297 today (on 31 carries). HE GAINED ALMOST THREE TIMES AS MANY YARDS AS HE GAINED VS. A DII SCHOOL (on 16 carries).

He is not the first rookie or unheralded RB to light up LU defense this year. After eight games, the coaching staff has not found a way to stop LONG runs. With two wins, after today, could the D really get any worse if folks resigned or were fired?

Lord only knows how this will affect recruiting. Maybe there will be a bunch of great high school seniors who expect to start for four years at Lehigh.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.