Fordham

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Fordham

This topic contains 62 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by marco marco 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Does anyone know what happened to Prendergast who was supposed to be a star on the D line but is nowhere to be seen?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Matt is a puzzle .Lost 1st yr with injury but has yet to crack the 2 deep. A 3* DL in HS.No clue. Some kids take longer to transition from HS.

dcubbage07
    Participant

[quote quote=32630]You guys blaming the game on four TOs have lost a little perspective.
    [/quote]

The struggles of the defense are certainly well documented and have been discussed since the start of the season. That said, the offense gave the ball away twice DEEP in Fordham territory in situations where points were all but guaranteed. Add to that two turnovers DEEP in our own territory which gift wrapped points for Fordham.

I get that the offense ins’t entirely to blame, but even one less turnover probably results in a Lehigh win.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  dcubbage07.

just a fan
    Participant

I AGREE,

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

True enuf. Bottom line we cannot have a medicre game on O with 4 TOs and win. D just siops nobody.

just a fan
    Participant

I AGREE

LUPhillyPhan
    Participant

Any word on Paulson, Portreal, or Mitchell? Worse D in ten years ive been a fan and still see talent like Nace and Morro with limited playing time ( finally Kircher seeing the field more). Thoughts on Montgomery? Cavenas was not his usual self on the field. Noticed Fordham had a D Line just for third downs

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  LUPhillyPhan.

Constant Lehigh
    Participant

The only good thing about today’s game was the weather…it was great! The Bye week was of no help. The Coach needs to switch up everybody…and fast. New QB + himself!

van
    van
    Participant

[quote quote=32638]I AGREE[/quote]

[quote quote=32637]True enuf. Bottom line we cannot have a medicre game on O with 4 TOs and win. D just siops nobody.[/quote]
    not just 4 TOs but many other forced passes and at least 2 interceptions that the Fordham guys just dropped, offense was really ugly at times and still scored 35, goes to show just how good it could be

marco
    marco
    Participant

Can we agree that this mess starts with the D?

I mean, if a team can score five TDs like LU usually does, that team should not be 2 – 6.

Because everyone knows that the defense is, well, defenseless, everyone is trying to hit a five run home run every time the O has the ball. Imagine the pressure to be “perfect” and the sense that you need to probably score fifty to have a chance to win.

Only a matter of time before mistake happen. The TOs were killer, but again, how many times have we seen a scenario where the defense :holds” a team to 3rd and 15 from say midfield, then gives up not only a first down, but a TD?

Even though I want a 12th championship and even IF this team wins out, do any of you want this team to represent the league in the playoffs?

Lafayette’s defense (within the league) has been stellar, due in part to poaching a proven DC (from Georgetown). We cannot go into next season with these defensive coaches.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said marco. Rewatched game this AM.
    What stood out more than anything else on our D was missed tackles. The big runs by Palladino were possible because the front 7 tried arm tackling. Al most comical to watch. At least some of those runs should not have gotten beyond the LOS.
    ANn issue we have had for years now.
    There are lots of excuses. New scheme, new coaches , new players etc. All partly valid but the question remains why arent we getting any better on D? We’ve gone thru a variety of coaches over the last 5 yrs w/o much to show for it.
    Dont have any concrete answers but this cycle of ineptitude has to be ended.
    Up to Andy to figure it out and fix it.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

All knew that D would give up points. However, without our TO’s and weak passing game, Fordham would have had much less momentum and would have scored at least 14 less while we would have had 14 more.
    The problem was not merely defense.
    The fact our top D Line recruit from two classes back, who was a 3* and is over 6’4”, is no where to be seen makes me wonder given his position is the one where we need great help.

marco
    marco
    Participant

The pressure on this QB is unreasonable. I mean, he has to be near perfect on each possession. We’re usually trailing after a first possession by the opponents. How many possessions are there in a game? If the defense allows TDs in every possession, the QB absolutely, positively has to make plays or make sure his playmakers make plays. And points MUST follow. As I said, this is unprecedented stuff we are seeing here.

This team amy allow 5,000 yards and 500 points for cripes sakes!

This is not normal and it’s someone’s fault. We all like this head coach; he’s a gentleman, he’s cooperative, he has a winning overall record, but as someone once said (in another industry), “if you can’t fix this, I’ll find someone who can”.

That’s Joe’s job.

hawktalker
    Participant

Agree that offense needs to be perfect to overcome defense’s ineptitude. The four turnovers resulted in three Fordham points but more importantly were four Lehigh possessions that resulted in no points. With this defense offense almost has to score on every possession.
    That’s a lot to ask

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We are capable of scoring on every possession. Agree it is ridiculously unfair that O virtually has to do so for us to get a W. Saturday Brad lost Casey in the 1st quarter. Then he lost Jorge. Troy basically double covered all game as Brisson had to play Nianchini Bibbens and Lelsey. None of them bad WRs but not ones Brad had many reps with. Hopefully we will be healthier for Bucknell.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.